HIDs wow!

those are not factory hid's, they are aftermarket with an adapter made to fit the bulb in the housing. search even more, there are alot more kits on ebay that are under 100 bucks, without the adapter though, but anyone with a little smarts can make an adapter.

I agree with Jamie! If you can fab something up then you will be well under $100 bucks!

Watch out for the sub $100 xenon conversions, you literrally get what you pay for.

I've had mine now for quite a while & they still work perfect. Light up the whole road. That does seem to be the case with most things though, you get what you pay for, Guess I got lucky for once!

The largest problems I see from the ebay crap:

1. Poor focus creating ALOT of Glare
2. The ballasts are dangerous to use.
3. Fly by night vendors who refuse to honor thier warranties.

problem #1 is the most serious and it hurts people like me, who are trying to step up to the plate and make a good product aiming at DOT compliance.

My $80 HIDs have been GREAT! So glad I put them in my halogen housings!!!!

But if you HAVE oem HID housings, you will want an adapter and one made right.

The largest problems I see from the ebay crap:

1. Poor focus creating ALOT of Glare
2. The ballasts are dangerous to use.
3. Fly by night vendors who refuse to honor thier warranties.

problem #1 is the most serious and it hurts people like me, who are trying to step up to the plate and make a good product aiming at DOT compliance.

I understand that your lights are a better quality & you will honor your warranty. My ebay HID's don't glare & blind people, never been flashed once, How are the ballast dangerous? As far as the fly by night vendors, well I can see that being the case on ebay. At $80 bucks for bulbs & ballast I'm not too worried about it.

No aftermarket kit is DOT approved if it's not being used in the OEM HID housing, that doesn't bother me though as long as it works & lights up the street.

You are the first one to do it as I recall, That's why I got mine & couldn't be happier. :)

I will agree that these cheapies are of inferior quality. But they do work and still light strong - as far as I can tell. Never been flashed either and its been months.

I think with halogen housings the $80 kit is fine. If I had HID housings I would go with a kit that had an adapter as long as that kit uses easy to find HID lamps.

Just because you havent been flashed doesnt mean the glare is any better,

In the city the problem is masked by the city lights and other traffic, in the country is not an ideal place for scattered light.

I got mine too after your post about them, they were $80 and included shipping, world of difference and no one flashed at me in all the time I have had them either-of course, now they are BRIGHT enough to aim, when they had halogens in aiming them was a wasted effort, they were so lame.

Thanks Unity, the best bang for the buck fix for a first Gen Mark.

Yep, Unity is the man! Seriously, it's the best $80 bucks I ever spent on my car!

Yep, Unity is the man! Seriously, it's the best $80 bucks I ever spent on my car!

I am pretty sure someone pointed them out first. I forget who. Was it not you? I know someone did and then I just jumped on buying them!

Anyway. If you have halogen housings its the best investment you can make assuming they are in somewhat decent shape. If the reflective material is gone nothing will help!

Yeah I think rich was the first to scoop these up. I bought em after your thread on em. Right around the same time as unity.

NO, Unity told me about them. That's my why I tried them out. It wasn't me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back