hid's

Agreed. DDM is made in China, but by a great company. It's hit or miss. If the masses approve, that's when it's good.

No thats a normal price for quality HID bulbs. The bulbs you bought were Chinese junk and i wouldint be surprised if they didn't last very long.

You get what you pay for. Also the LS is a $45K luxury car. Put good stuff into it not junk.
I only paid $5400 for my car, and that made me broke. My budget was $4000. If I'm going to spend hundreds on headlights, that money is going into the Navigator, not the LS. Sorry, but that's just a fact of life. I'm pretty sure no one can tell from looking at my car if I put $10 or $200 HID bulbs in it. Once I get the long list of repairs done, I'll take a second look at putting better bulbs in it.

I only paid $5400 for my car, and that made me broke. My budget was $4000. If I'm going to spend hundreds on headlights, that money is going into the Navigator, not the LS. Sorry, but that's just a fact of life. I'm pretty sure no one can tell from looking at my car if I put $10 or $200 HID bulbs in it. Once I get the long list of repairs done, I'll take a second look at putting better bulbs in it.

Look at the how much the oem hid assemblys cost from ford. Then look at the price of the bulbs from ford. $80 for a pair of bulbs is nothing compared to it.

No not at first but those cheaper bulbs have some horror stories aka they can fail all of a sudden and mine is my only vehicle. cant risk the chances of having no headlights.

I dont have deep pockets at all but still certain things you really dont wanna go cheap on.

I feel you on that.. but I still have the bulbs I pulled from the car. If they new ones fail, I'll just stick them back in. The good thing is that I got my fogs working now, so if a light does fail, I at least have a backup until I can get the car home.

Edit: Also BlackLS06, congrats on being the first person to EVER accuse me of doing something too cheap! lol NEVER happens... the argument is usually "You don't need that one. This one is good enough."

I ordered and installed a set from ebay (Xentec brand). They are plug and play and come with warranty. They cost me $33 shipped!

Wow.. brought this post back. lol

... and those $10 bulbs didn't last very long. One died 2 days later. My next pair will be from DDM. $15 / pr.

You might wanna do yourself a favor and spend at least $50 on some bulbs.

I know monies tight but youll be out $25 if you get those.

You might wanna do yourself a favor and spend at least $50 on some bulbs.

I know monies tight but youll be out $25 if you get those.
I've never known anyone to complain about the the lights from DDM. Do you have some info I don't know about?

The lights that came on the car still work. What bothers me is one is a different color from the other. One is obviously stock, while the other may be 5000k or something. I want all 4 to be 6000k... low beams and fogs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back