Hissing/Crackling from stock subs

tyhackman15

LVC Member
Reaction score
So i've had my JVC DVD Headunit installed for about a month now, and have began to notice that when i first start driving, the first time the RPMs go above 2500 the radio hisses, then i can do it again and nothing..

Happens the first time, everytime. Also, if i have no music on, the subs will randomly crackle a bit and they click very quietly with the clock (every second).

I have gone to radioshack to look for a 1450 OHM resistor and they didn't have any, so i've been living with the POP at start-up, but these other problems are annoying me, and the bass seems to be much less than usual.

Any ideas on what could be wrong??

Sorry for the long post,

Tyler

your hearing a tick from the clock in the radio? it sounds to me like a problem with the head unit.
alot of the radio shacks are going away from the "all the parts to build your own robot" to a pos cell phone store, try a best buy for the resistor, the autotechs in the back have to use them for a lot of remote starts, security systems, and factory amp intergrations so they have to keep a ton in stock. and since it a small non sku-able part alot of the time they wont charge you

Yea, i think i'm just gonna pull out the headunit again and double check the connections and see if i can find a resistor.

Now it's barely tolerable, i just drive around without sound, theres a constant whine from the subs, etc..

Is it at all possible i fried the stock amp??

i doubt it, if you still have your factory deck you can hook it up to test if it is a problem with the head unit or the amp, it is common for somthing to come loose in a radio or a bad ground to cause an audio noise, if it is the radio and you dont want to replace it you could try a ground loop isolater or a differential converter to try to fix the problem.

That's good news haha. And thanks for all the help, i'll try to get it taken apart this week and see whats up, i'm really hoping it isn't the headunit. $$$

Alright, so i pulled the radio and threw in the stock one real quick..... and sure enough, same exact problem.. Crackle from subs at start-up, constant clicking/humming. And tonight i noticed a new problem (with both H/U's), when i turn on/off the bright or fog lights there's a small but noticeable click/pop from the subs.

So i'm stumped, bad amp? bad subs? Help please....

do you have another speaker that you can hook up to verify if it is the amp or the subs. it doesnt have to be the same speaker or the same size, any speaker will do. just un hook both of the subs and run a long wire to the trunk and connect it to the wires then you can have the speaker next to you so you can hear better and you dont have to take the old ones out to test so it is a very easy way to narrow it down. just remember not to turn it up too loud if it is a smaller speaker that cant handle a lot of bass. the click/pop with the factory lighs is very odd, as uncommon as it may be, there just might be somthing wrong with the amp.

Unfortunately i do not have any other speakers to test.. However i do have an extended warranty on the LS so i'm gonna see what that will cover..

If it isn't covered by warranty i'm just gonna go with an aftermarket amp/sub set-up i guess.

So it turns out the warranty does cover it. Goes into the dealer wed. and we'll see what they say. All i had to do is put the stock H/U back in.

Members online

No members online now.
Back