Hmm Brakes?

LSCGODDESS98

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone Ever Used These

Rotex Gold And Italia Rotors? As A Braking Set Up?

No, but the R1 Concepts premium rotors are proven to work really well and look even better.

I have R1 on three different vehicles, drilled and slotted all three vehicles are 4 wheel disk-the first set I bought was for a 2001 Olds Intrigue with a 3.5, they were perfect out of the box-the second set was for my Mark, I installed them and had to remove them and get them turned. R1 gave me a deal on the third set because of the trouble I went through (2002 Aurora 4.0) and they had to be removed and turned also. The guy who turned both sets for me said he thought the Zinc coating was uneven and caused the pulsation on both sets he worked on. For what it's worth, they are not real expensive, and I think the braking is improved on all three vehicles. I did install new ceramic pads on all vehicles when I did these, and I would expect the pads to not last as long as if there were regular rotors installed.

You need to get the new "premium" rotors they have different quality grades.

What About Bremmbo?? Lol
I SEE THEY MAKE IT FOR OUR CARS BUT..ABIT PRICEY

If you can afford the Brembo big brake kit that would be the best option, however im not sure it would clear your 17 inch wheels. You can get some Brembo blanks for tirerack, they work like OEM but not as flashy as the R1 rotors.

thats why i thought the italia rotors would be somewhat of in the middle when conserning price. same look and expected performance.

question if i go big..lol,would i have to change the calipers..that hold the let say bigger brake pads? and since u mentiond clearance- what would correct that? rrr im not changing rims.

ANOTHER DUMB QUESTION...LOL- then again i asked this before...

is it true bigger rotor size means u need bigger calipers? and size of tire matters aswell.bigger size tire let say 19 to 22's means bigger rotor disc that the car once had 16's. lol?

looks like im gonna have to double check my order n make sure im getting right size stuff..lol ...

can some one elaberate on the sizing up of wheels n brakes n it's componants.

ANOTHER DUMB QUESTION...LOL- then again i asked this before...

is it true bigger rotor size means u need bigger calipers? and size of tire matters aswell.bigger size tire let say 19 to 22's means bigger rotor disc that the car once had 16's. lol?

looks like im gonna have to double check my order n make sure im getting right size stuff..lol ...

can some one elaberate on the sizing up of wheels n brakes n it's componants.

Yes, from what I know. If you are going bigger rotors, most of the time the rotors will be thicker also. This will cause a change in the positioning and fitment of your calipers. Now as far as rims goes, clearance issue is your concern. Some rims require a spacer that goes right in between of the rotor and the rim to clear the calipers. Or you can grind down the surface of the calipers to fit the rims also. The size of your rims should not matter to the size of your rotors. As long as they clear the calipers. There is a rare chance that the diameter of the rotor is too big but not likely.

I have a set of rotors from R1concepts on my 93 Mark VIII. Put them on 2 years ago an they have worked great and still look great.. They had fast shipping and were very easy to work with..... I'll purchase again for my 94 as my 94 is getting a nice set of rims from Frogman and a nice set of slotted and drilled rotors will look nice behind those rims.

OK EVERYONE ...i got my stuff yeah they look good..pic's comin soon..but one dumb question though..why is it that the rear rotors are smaller then the fronts- front are nice and big in circumfrance and thickness..i already know that the weight in the front due to engine and stuff but is there another reason?..- i really havent noticed that before about the rotors..i thought they sent me the wrong order..lol and i was gonna starrt screammin lol...omg..so before doing that, i said wait let me go see on my car...lol..and sure enough they are sized up like that -...do all cars have that meaning rotor size differance and another thing

can my rear rotors be the same as the fronts big like them? lol.. if not y.

Most cars have larger rotors in the front than the rear because the front brakes do most of the work.

Most cars have larger rotors in the front than the rear because the front brakes do most of the work.

even if ,and if not a rear wheel drive car?? is it the same thing for them two differnt wheel bases...or can they be motified..for ours u think.if it coulsd..i might as well get nice larger rear rotors..if it's possable. would braking & handling be better w larger rotors u think or no?

please educate me:confused:

You answered your own question. Brake size and shape is dependent upon vehicle weight and distribution. A car that is more rear weight biased, would have equal or larger rotors than the front. Most front engine cars, are at 58/42 or 57/43 weight distribution percentage.

hmm, ok then. ;)

would it matter if you have a custom trunk set up for lots of speakers? thos set ups can bring more weight there from what it is empty or just with the dounut there.like normal people would only have in their trunks..lol...so would modifiying be nessesarry?

It would change the bias, but you then compensate by installing an adjustable proportioning valve and then increasing the pressure to the rear. Remember, when you brake the weight will bias towards the front, depending upon braking force applied. This why you see single piston calipers in the rear, for the most part.

Members online

No members online now.
Back