How aerodynamic is the Mark VIII?

You know Dan? When I went to collage down there, Him and I hung out allot. I haven't talked to him in a while . I should give him a call.

Yha I love his paint job, but it looks so good cause he has like 26 coats of ZANO on it! Its so slippery that his car cover wont stay on, its awesome, I'm trying to get my car to look like that.

Got the info from my friend an in FL he has the nicest 89 SC, best one that I have ever seen. No source though.

I have seen that car. Impeccable detail. It looks better than new. Even the engine bay looks like it was made by some kind of deity. Simply incredible.

The man is an awesome detailer! He taught me allot about taking care of my car! I've driven that one a couple time's and it runs as good as it looks. Last time I talked to him he said he has over 260,000 on it with an engine bay like that.

Oh and did I mention has the original head gaskets too.
Best SC hands down

Oh and did I mention has the original head gaskets too.
Best SC hands down

That is impressive! Now the next question... Does he have the original stock aluminum harmnonic balancer?

I went with a billet steel piece. Swapped it out after the stock one went through the radiator. Ran it about 100 miles before I spun a bearing.

:cool:

dont you guys know that the mark is soooo freakin areodynamic that it gets 40+ mpg!

Got the info from my friend an in FL he has the nicest 89 SC, best one that I have ever seen. No source though.

Heh mine looks like the white one in the reflection off of your friends car... ~15% overdrive will be in the mail next week :D (yes it has headers/exhaust, MLS headgaskets, and ARP studs.)

Where can a person find 2.47 or 2.73 gears for a Mark. Ive looked at some websites and I only see them go as high as a 3.08. I commute 75+ miles day 5 days a week thats why im intrested.

Where can a person find 2.47 or 2.73 gears for a Mark. Ive looked at some websites and I only see them go as high as a 3.08. I commute 75+ miles day 5 days a week thats why im intrested.

Buy a Honda and don't abuse a mark like that.

Jk try summit or jegs, call maxx see what he has, you never know he might have some thing.

I was thinking the same thing cuz with the 4.10 my gas is crap and I like to take long trips with it and wanted to carry both with me for when I travel.

you might like 2.73 but and higher and you might not gain anything, the engine may have to struggle too much to be efficient,
i dont know this for fact,but just a thought

mustangs came with 2.73 with and overdrive of .68 the 4r70w is .70
I think you would see an improvment

mustangs came with 2.73 with and overdrive of .68 the 4r70w is .70
I think you would see an improvment

i agree ,i think he might like 2.73,but not any higher(lower numerically) is what i said.

consider the wieght difference of a mustang .

Members online

Back