How bad is it driving with O/D off?

Damn, got me a new sig from this thread.

as far as coolers go, are they better ran in series with the stock cooler or as replacement of the stocker?

Sometimes i'll drive on the highway (60-70mph) with overdrive off, i just love the way my Mark sounds like this with no mufflers. I'm in the area of 2500-2700rpms i believe (3.27 lsc).

We're talking short highway drives to work around 15 minutes etc. Will the fluid heat up much faster in the transmission? Wear faster? Torque Converter getting killed? Do i have to worry about anything basically besides BAD gas mileage?

Just drive around in 1st gear everywhere then you don't have to worry about ever shifting and your car will sound awesome. Then if the tranny ever stops shifting, there is no change in lifestyle

I'm glad I have an '03 GT transmission with under 50k... lol

Oh, and a car that doesnt move. :(

as far as coolers go, are they better ran in series with the stock cooler or as replacement of the stocker?

I have mine hooked up in series after the rad cooler, as do most on here. I went with a 24,000 GVW and I do have a shift kit and tend to drive it somewhat hard, in heavy stop-and-go traffic often. Temp is your enemy, especially with a heavy car and the 4R70W.

http://www.bulkpart.com/transmission-cooler.html

Very easy to install, it won't cure a :q:q:q:qed up trans but if your trans is good, it'll help keep it that way.

i went with the 6 x 23 x 3/4 inch 30,000 GVW / 34,000 BTU cooler from there. im in oh so if i run them in series will have have troubles in the winter? i didnt get the inline thermal bypass option. does the radiator have one from the factory?

i went with the 6 x 23 x 3/4 inch 30,000 GVW / 34,000 BTU cooler from there. im in oh so if i run them in series will have have troubles in the winter? i didnt get the inline thermal bypass option. does the radiator have one from the factory?

Been a while since I did mine, that one you bought sounds kind of big, but it means that if you want you could just bypass the rad cooler-me, I'd just hook it up behind the rad cooler anyway, you could always just bypass the rad cooler after the fact if you felt it was a problem. I think your are going to have to get a little creative in mounting that size cooler-down low and as far forward as possible so's not to block air going through the condenser/radiator. Maybe when it's :q:q:q:qing freezing in Ohio, try not to beat on it when it's first driven since you have extreme cooling capability with a 30,000 GVW cooler. Within reason, having a trans that runs cool is a very good thing.

Or tow a barge to warm the trans up:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back