how do i tell if my ls is a non sport or sport?

I thought that the only way to get a keypad on the Gen I was to add the battery powered peel-n-stick RF keypad?

True. The '03+ were the LSes that had the keypad stock.

You are both correct. Also, the battery died about 8 months ago so it's worthless. I need to take it off and pop it open to see if the battey can be replaced.

it has to be replaceable, otherwise it would just be worthless after awhile.

If it were me, I would mount that aftermarket keypad between the license plate lights so it's more hidden. Then set the code to something easy so you wouldn't have to look at the keypad.

that is exactly where we put one on my sister's boyfriend's fusion, it is very well hidden until you go to use it. ninja style for sure.

If it were me, I would mount that aftermarket keypad between the license plate lights so it's more hidden. Then set the code to something easy so you wouldn't have to look at the keypad.

maybe I'll put it there and set it as my plate number....nobody would ever guess that:shifty:

No chrome on the bumpers means you have a sport & wood on the steering wheel & shift knob means you have a non-sport.

Ok, so. I have chrome on the bumper but no wood on the steering wheel or shift knob. :confused: Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help! I'm learning so much already. When I bought it, I read that the last year the LS was made was '03 (I have an '03), and after that it was replaced by the Zephyr. Crazy internet.

Mine is an '02 that came with chrome on bumpers, wood grain steering wheel, chrome 5 spoke 17's, was a v6 auto, had the basket weave seats with the Lincoln logo on the seat backs, and has the thicker sway bar... What's mine? Premium sport? If so does that mean I have sport shocks too?

Are you sure I have neither a premium sport nor a sport? I'm trying to get car insurance quotes and Progressive only gives those two options. Couldn't it be either one and just customized to include the chrome or decline the wood? It is a V8 if that helps.

Thanks for the help! I'm learning so much already. When I bought it, I read that the last year the LS was made was '03 (I have an '03), and after that it was replaced by the Zephyr. Crazy internet.

well then, at least that explains why the 06's are not covered under the extended coil problem

but how do you explain the 04's and the 05's

and for the record, the zepyr's didn't came out until 06, while they still had the LS, so i dont call it a replacement.

8.jpg

Enter your Vehicle Identification Number (vin) on fordparts.com

Are you sure I have neither a premium sport nor a sport? I'm trying to get car insurance quotes and Progressive only gives those two options. Couldn't it be either one and just customized to include the chrome or decline the wood? It is a V8 if that helps.

Yes, it's possible to have neither.

Configurations:

1. base.
2. sport.
3. premium
4. premium sport.

Of the two choices that you have for the insurance, I would think that "premium" would be the closest to correct.

Mine is an '02 that came with chrome on bumpers, wood grain steering wheel, chrome 5 spoke 17's, was a v6 auto, had the basket weave seats with the Lincoln logo on the seat backs, and has the thicker sway bar... What's mine? Premium sport? If so does that mean I have sport shocks too?

Yours is premium, not premium sport.

I'm trying to get car insurance quotes and Progressive only gives those two options.

when i signed up with progressive, i just had to give them the VIN and they pulled up all of the info they needed. i would probably just give them a call, or just do a quote for both options and see what the price difference is.

Yes, it's possible to have neither.

Configurations:

1. base.
2. sport.
3. premium
4. premium sport.

Of the two choices that you have for the insurance, I would think that "premium" would be the closest to correct.

The "premium" was only available in '02 and had all the sport goodies except SST and non-chrome bumpers. Other than that exception, all '00-'02s were base or sport.

From '03 on all V8s were sports with either premium or ultimate trim. All V6s were non-sport with base or premium trim.

Members online

No members online now.
Back