How fast

Lincolnpimpin

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Sup yall I'm seriously thinking of purchusing a 2001-2004 Lincoln LS in about a year or 2 and was wondering how fast LS 2000-2004 and if the 2003^ with more HP help so if you know please post how fast LS are and the top speed

Lincolnpimpin said:
Sup yall I'm seriously thinking of purchusing a 2001-2004 Lincoln LS in about a year or 2 and was wondering how fast LS 2000-2004 and if the 2003^ with more HP help so if you know please post how fast LS are and the top speed

It's like really really fast but not super duper fast but it's still fast! Did that help?

Buy a '96 Mark VIII LSC, throw some 4.10 gears on, driveshaft, ported cobra intake manifold, Kooks headers with full 2.5" exhaust, shift kit, Vortech supercharger, 255lph fuel pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and a proper dyno tune for the whole setup, and be DONE with it !!!

You'll still have lots of extra cash left over... :Beer JK.

Lincolnpimpin said:

the fastest (top speed) LSes are the 00-02 V8 with sport suspension - they hit 143mph.

all non-sport and 03+ are electronically limited to 133mph.

the 03+ 280hp V8 is a little quicker than the pre-03 252hp V8 - in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. There are a few bolt-ons (intake, exhaust, ... tuning) that will make the pre-03 pretty much the same.

My 2004 LS8 Sport is fast, maybe a little quicker than my 2003 TBird. (The Bird actually weighs more, even without the added weight of the hardtop, anothger 80 lbs). LS is more fun to drive.

The LS also handles better and drives tighter, but, on a warm, sunny day, driving the Bird with the top down, CDs blasting; kind of hard to beat.

You take the TBird for a Ride, you take the LS for a Drive.

The mechanic that works on my two classic cars has a pre 2003 LS. He's driven my 2004, and says that it's quiker than his LS.

Kamikaze said:
It's like really really fast but not super duper fast but it's still fast! Did that help?

:) I like that one.

It's just a pretty good balanced car to me, especially for a 4 door sedan. I have learned to appreciate handling and balance more than raw power because I can use it every day. I take the winding backroads on my way home for the fun of it.

I consider it acceptable power for a daily commuter.

StraDog said:
Buy a '96 Mark VIII LSC, throw some 4.10 gears on, driveshaft, ported cobra intake manifold, Kooks headers with full 2.5" exhaust, shift kit, Vortech supercharger, 255lph fuel pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and a proper dyno tune for the whole setup, and be DONE with it !!!

Yeah was going to get a car just like that off ebay in Houston, Texas perfect with 60000 ml on it I won the bid at $6500 and thought I just bought a 1996 LSC Mark VIII but nope I didn't meet the reserve at $8000 can you belive that. Any ways yeah its either a LS or Mark VIII but probly LS do to little sleeker design.

:L

jerrym3 said:
My 2004 LS8 Sport is fast, maybe a little quicker than my 2003 TBird. (The Bird actually weighs more, even without the added weight of the hardtop, anothger 80 lbs). LS is more fun to drive.

The LS also handles better and drives tighter, but, on a warm, sunny day, driving the Bird with the top down, CDs blasting; kind of hard to beat.

You take the TBird for a Ride, you take the LS for a Drive.

The mechanic that works on my two classic cars has a pre 2003 LS. He's driven my 2004, and says that it's quiker than his LS.

Hi Jerry, What part of Bergen County are you from. I lived in Garfield for 36 years.... Just curious.

Quik LS said:
all non-sport and 03+ are electronically limited to 133mph.

Is that right? When I had our 02 LSE dyno'd, it pegged out at 133 mph. We have the select shift...so...that means we have the sport. So....how would it have pegged out at 133?

get a civic. then put a real big wing on it. then get some vtec stickers. then drop it so low that you bottom out on the lines on the highway. then put the biggest muffler, no better yet rip the whole exhaust out (remember loud=fast) then race other civics @ 85mph on the track and brag all day about your all show all go fully custom car. Then tell everyone you topped out at 160MPH!!!!! heh?

sorry earlier today i ran into a civic on the road revving at my ls. My ls that on its worst day would still beat the piss out of a civic. I was venting...

StraDog said:

you forgot the part were we be come drug delers Ha hA ha AH hAha :I :I :tmi:

cowboy.gif

2k2ls said:
sorry earlier today i ran into a civic on the road revving at my ls. My ls that on its worst day would still beat the piss out of a civic. I was venting...
When I ran my best ever run in my LS, the 15.4 run in my sig, it was against a Civic. He was in the lane with the right of way, and I beat him by a full two seconds, plus my .5 better reaction time. I actually had the pleasure of coming to a complete stop on the race track waiting for the Civic to catch up and turn off before I could turn. What a great feeling!

Pete02LSE said:
Is that right? When I had our 02 LSE dyno'd, it pegged out at 133 mph. We have the select shift...so...that means we have the sport. So....how would it have pegged out at 133?

Pete - your right - the LSE was a late 02 introduction - so it came with the 03+ 133 limit. I believe the other sport V8 in 02 could hit 143.

jerrym3 said:
Paramus, NJ

Close enough to Garfield... I was just up there in Feburary. Too COLD... I really don't miss it. Just the food. You can't get good Italian food down here. But I'll trade that in for the weather.

looks nice -

but with only Engine/ Exhaust mods of:
- Injen CAI
- HGS wires
- Apexi Exhaust

the only place I'll see it is in my mirrors....

looks nice -

but with only Engine/ Exhaust mods of:
- Injen CAI
- HGS wires
- Apexi Exhaust

i lost my password to my cardomain site... and havent updated it in a while i also have a dc header/aem cams/pullies and stage 2 clutch... its pretty quik..
i havent been up against an ls yet.. i ran against an acura rsx-s, and my girls mazda 6(she cant drive though) lol.... saw both in my mirrors I can tell you its a lot faster then my ls but i only have the v6

Motts said:
i lost my password to my cardomain site... and havent updated it in a while i also have a dc header/aem cams/pullies and stage 2 clutch... its pretty quik..
i havent been up against an ls yet.. i ran against an acura rsx-s, and my girls mazda 6(she cant drive though) lol.... saw both in my mirrors I can tell you its a lot faster then my ls but i only have the v6

0-60?
1/4 mile?

never been to the track....
0-60.. i know i'm up their with a mustang gt older 98-99... then he slowly pulls away at about 75 or so...

you probably would see me in your mirrors.. what type of 0-60 1/4 are you running? I personally hate my civic.. I love the LS... I've been trying to sell it for a while!!

a 98 GT has 225 hp. 0-60 low 6 sec

we would be close.

My best:

heading - juiced / all motor
0-60 ---- 5.746 / 6.528
1/4 - 13.9350 @ 109.04 / 14.707 @ 98.84

The only thing i like about the civic... is how it handles.. with the tein suspension.. wow!! you can hit 90 degree corners and like 45 and not even skirt the tires.. i'll try to get some times posted if i get a chance to get to the track...

Members online

Back