How Hard to Change the Spark Plugs?

ajsaty

LVC Member
Reaction score
Was wondering how hard it is to change out the spark plugs? Is it fairly easy (1 hour) or is it more involved than that. Are they easy to get at.

v6 or v8? either way it's a "few" hour job. I've done the v8 and it's about 2+ hours, v6 I think may be longer

sorry...V6
Did some more searching and heard the V6 was i big pain.

Go to the top of page: click on Tech Articles, on the left, go to Lincoln LS and click on Changing spark plugs for either V6 or V8.

sorry...V6
Did some more searching and heard the V6 was i big pain.

Yea, it is. For the first time allow 5-6 hours. Drivers side is about 20 minutes. Passenger side muuuuuuch longer.

I tried to change the spark plugs on my Powerstroke once. I gave up after about 8 hours... I pulled the heads and still couldn't find the damned things. :lol:

That sounds about how hard it is on a LT1. My friend asked me to help him do it and I told him no way in hell. He cut up a bunch of his knuckles and gave up 6 hours later, drove it to a shop and had them do it.

That sounds about how hard it is on a LT1. My friend asked me to help him do it and I told him no way in hell. He cut up a bunch of his knuckles and gave up 6 hours later, drove it to a shop and had them do it.

Man, I think you missed the point of Frogman's post, Powerstroke=diesel=no spark plugs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back