How long does an LS last?

Great engineering!

Precision engineering - everything breaking around 100k miles. I wonder what they could do if they wanted to make the stuff last for 500k miles?

it'll last till about 30 to 45 minutes before the tow truck shows up which is handy cause you'll need one

I maintain my car well and drive it hard. 113K 02 V8. I have done DCCV, Coils, VC gaskets, alternator, steering knuckels, rear door lock actuators, PS pump press switch, and 1 window regulator. It has never ;eft me stranded and though it has been more problematic than other cars I have owned I feel that it is worth it. My car was also stolen and wrecked too, so it had an extra rough point in its life.

Well by comparison...

I maintain my car well and drive it hard. 113K 02 V8. I have done DCCV, Coils, VC gaskets, alternator, steering knuckels, rear door lock actuators, PS pump press switch, and 1 window regulator. It has never ;eft me stranded and though it has been more problematic than other cars I have owned I feel that it is worth it. My car was also stolen and wrecked too, so it had an extra rough point in its life.

Hmmm. Compared to yours, my issues don't sound as bad. I do agree though that this car has been more problematic than other cars I've owned, but I'm ambivalent about whether it has been worth it or not. If the tranny turns out to just be a VB (a possibility the trans shop dismissed) I might end up on the "worth it" side of the ledger.

Hmmm. Compared to yours, my issues don't sound as bad. I do agree though that this car has been more problematic than other cars I've owned, but I'm ambivalent about whether it has been worth it or not. If the tranny turns out to just be a VB (a possibility the trans shop dismissed) I might end up on the "worth it" side of the ledger.

Nice Mustang. I know how you feel--there are times when I am not sure. Those times become distant though when I drive the car (when everything works). Mine will give me 20-30K miles of trouble free operation then BAM 5 things go wrong. It is during those instances when I wonder. I forgot to mention I did the DCCV twice, and the alternator twice. Today I picked it up from the dealer becasue the advancetrac needed recalibrating! Oh, and my airbag light has been on for the last 70K miles despite trying to fix that numerous times.

Mustangs

Nice Mustang.

Thanks you too. I guess I need to get a better shot of my Mustang.

You are far more patient than I. The DCCV and alt problems seem completely out there. I won't point out the relatively very short list of issues my wife's 178k mile 525 Beemer has experienced.

I had a 328 Sport BMW before my '00 LSV8 and intentionally went domestic with the LS, liked that one so got the '03. I'm hoping things smooth out on the Klincoln in the near term to pull me back from ambivalence. Loved it for the first 90k.

Members online

No members online now.
Back