How Much Do You Think The Ls Is Worth

union807trucker

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Whats Going On I Currently Have 75k And Plan To Sell At About 120 Or 150k What Do Uthink Is A Good Price.?

20 In Rims
Pounding Music Set Up
Lowered
Crispy Paint
Tv In Head Rest
Hids Top And Bottom

Well U Get The Picture Basically Hooked Up

Vehicles, unless rare and highly sought after... and generally in factory stock condition.... will NEVER be a good investment. Modifying them will almost always be a guaranteed money looser.

Look at it like this... without all of that crap added to it, how many prospective buyers do you have? Tons... anyone looking for a NICE affordable 4-door car that's in good condition. Once you pile all of that sh!t on it... who are your prospective buyers? Only people in the previously mentioned group that like 20" wheels, lowered cars and big stereo's (AND, they have to LIKE the stuff you've added; modifying cars is more personal taste than anything else)... everyone else will be immediately turned off. It's called supply and demand; you have the same supply, but by changing it so much, you've instantly decreased demand exponentially... which means what you've got into the product... you'll never get back.

If you're lucky, you might be able to sell it for $500-$1000 (I wouldn't bet on anywhere near the higher end of that ball park) more than the going rate for the same car in factory stock condition... interesting huh? Drop $3000 of aftermarket into a vehicle and when it's time to sell... you'll be lucky to get 10% $3000 of that back...

Almost always more lucrative to return the vehicle to stock and sell everything separate.

Vehicles, unless rare and highly sought after... and generally in factory stock condition.... will NEVER be a good investment. Modifying them will almost always be a guaranteed money looser.

Look at it like this... without all of that crap added to it, how many prospective buyers do you have? Tons... anyone looking for a NICE affordable 4-door car that's in good condition. Once you pile all of that sh!t on it... who are your prospective buyers? Only people in the previously mentioned group that like 20" wheels, lowered cars and big stereo's (AND, they have to LIKE the stuff you've added; modifying cars is more personal taste than anything else)... everyone else will be immediately turned off. It's called supply and demand; you have the same supply, but by changing it so much, you've instantly decreased demand exponentially... which means what you've got into the product... you'll never get back.

If you're lucky, you might be able to sell it for $500-$1000 (I wouldn't bet on anywhere near the higher end of that ball park) more than the going rate for the same car in factory stock condition... interesting huh? Drop $3000 of aftermarket into a vehicle and when it's time to sell... you'll be lucky to get 10% $3000 of that back...

Almost always more lucrative to return the vehicle to stock and sell everything separate.

I completely agree. The dealership I work at every blue moon we will do something unique but, nothing out of the ordinary to sale something that we have had in our inventory for more then 90 days. If anything we just put 20 inch rims or 22 inch rims on a Dodge Charger, Magnum or Chrysler 300. But, nothing to extravagant. Something that almost looks stock but a bit better. Your 20 inch wheels are probably the only thing that you should leave on the car. Everything else if you could I would return to stock it will do nothing for the sale.... in SOME cases maybe audio but, I highly doubt it. I would just take it out and put it in my next car. Unless your car brings attention to a kid with money and then when you go to sale the car to him say you will throw the system in for lets say 300-500 dollars more. Good luck though.

yeah you might want to consider returning the car to how it came from the factory and either keeping all your mods or selling them separately. unless you find a person looking for your mods on the car, youd probably do better than selling them with the car.

yeah you might want to consider returning the car to how it came from the factory and either keeping all your mods or selling them separately. unless you find a person looking for your mods on the car, youd probably do better than selling them with the car.

+1

Well, I just got 7000 trade in for my 01 LS V6. It only had 59K on it, hopefully that puts it into perspective.

wow so u think being that it has 75k i should be getting rid of it soon??
i mean i live in a hood where having all of those things makes your ride hott and the center of attention but u kno its also true what u saying.But im sure ill find someone around my age that ill scoop up. But i dont kno if ill get rid of it,i just love the ls i wanna a four door and a g35 coupe and ill be set.oh yea and a bike to.so if im not going to get what i want i might as well stay with her.

Yup. Basically the same reason I parted out my 87 instead of selling it in one piece. Nobody woulda paid what I had into it and the only way to get a decent amount of cash back was to sell all the parts off of it.

I was offered $12,000 trade-in for my 03 V8 Sport with 45,000 miles. I listed it on Craigslist just as a feeler for $16,000 and had one guy ready to go through with it for 15,500.

are you selling your LS already uniontrucker? I thought you were in on the lower mclaren grille?

And to answer your question, I look at a vehicle as an expense, never an investment. Buying and then selling a normal (not collectible or classic) vehicle is most always a losing deal. That being said, I love my LS. I'll drive it into the ground. Hopefully though, when it's paid off, i'll get anotehr vehicle for a daily driver, and just turn the LS into a show car. I don't expect anything more than my personal enjoyment out of it.

i'm looking to get like 5k obo if i'm lucky out of mine w/ everything it has on it soon. the way i see it it only took me 2 years to pay it off, so if i get a car that's twice as expensive, it'll only take me 4 years, now that's hood math, lol. i've just had to fix so many things that my wife has gotten on my a$$ lately about it

just to let you know i bought mines for 8k with 140k miles good condiions 2000 ls

Whats Going On I Currently Have 75k And Plan To Sell At About 120 Or 150k What Do Uthink Is A Good Price.?

20 In Rims
Pounding Music Set Up
Lowered
Crispy Paint
Tv In Head Rest
Hids Top And Bottom

Well U Get The Picture Basically Hooked Up

ElLoco... I'm sure you don't want to hear this... but you got the shaft. (unless that was out the door price... and then still a bit more than I'd have paid!)

NADA book price on 2000 Lincoln LS, V8 Sport w/ Alpine stereo and Power Moon Roof:
Low Retail: $5625
Clean Retail: $7200
High Retail: $8425

A car will almost NEVER be worth the high retail; it would have to be factory perfect with FULL, DETAILED maintenance records.

Generally a car will go for a little under the clean retail value. For the car as described above... I'd have paid no more than $6500-$7000 assuming it has no defects.

pektel we are doing mclaren grill thing i just wanted to kno for future reference,anywayz i love my ls and its not going no where for a while till im done with her

i bought my ls for 8k
2000 lincoln ls 85k one owner highway miles had to throw the highway thing in there u kno lol

there you go... union got his with 55,000 miles less than EL's for the same price...

I've been thinking of selling mine. With what you guys are saying I won't get much. I have a 2000 Sport with 84,000. Fully loaded, Original owner, non-smoker, no accidents and I just put new tires on 2 weeks ago plus new shocks all around a month ago.

I live sort of near you so most of the dealerships go through the Manheim Auctions. My car which was an 03 V8 loaded with 45k was worth about 9-10 at that auction.

Members online

No members online now.
Back