How much is to much

topher5150

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I went by the Lincoln dealership the other day and they had a late 80's Town Car for sale. White with the blue top the wire wheels didn't see a scratch or hint of rust on it but they wanted $7895 for it:eek: How much is a Town Car like that worth???

I don't think that much.

I'm sure theyre prepared to take 5 grand but want to test out your dealing skills.

I had a pretty clean 79 Continental that I got $3800 for but it took awhile and was a trade for a 97 TC they had listed for 3 grand and they pitched 800 cash as well.

I think I got lucky tho and I would not spend that much on an 80s vehicle, you can get one of the late 90s even a higher mileage 03+ model for that much around here.

They are thinking it's a collector's dream is what they are thinking I am sure, but I wouldn't pay nearly that much if I were you.

Check http://craigslist.com in your area and take a look at some town cars I am sure you will find a much better priced car of same quality and newer if you like.

I wasn't looking to buy, but when I saw that price I thought they were out of their freaking mind. It's just as bad as the guys with Lincoln Mark VIII's with 3,000 miles and they think they can get $20,000 for it. Wait another 20 years then you might get that price

sure it was a TC there is a vic that passed through my old job, same vintage sounds like you described had like 15k or some crazy low ass millage for the year, and it sold for 7~ish

I did some googeling I think it might have been an early 80's Conti Mark VI, they also had a I think a mid to late 70's two door convertible

My friend recently bought a Mark VII Continental for 3 grand and it's worth like $1500-$2000

Told him a couple times I could have got him a pretty nice early 90s TC for about 1500-2k but he didn't listen and went and spent too much on a vehicle.

Has some issues with it, like the passenger door doesn't work properly, he can only deactivate the alarm by typing the code in and then the lock doesn't unlock properly once the code is entered, has 128k miles which is decent and some other cosmetic issues that just brings the price down.

Alot of people just get overly excited and want a car really bad, dealers thrive off of these people.

Which I suppose isn't bad for the economy haha.

Members online

No members online now.
Back