HVAC question

nfl4ever

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've got what is probably a pretty easy question for most of you. I am looking to replace the HVAC in my 93 Mark and I notice that when I look at them there are blue, orange, and whatever color code there is to them. Does it matter what color they are? They all look the same on the front. My buttons are all cracked and busted and basically looks like crap! Thanks alot guys. By the way, I have not removed mine yet to see the color on it.

Some colors can swap, but not all. I think you need a unit from 95 or earlier.

I also seen from another site that the 95-97 continental hvac will work. Even if it has the bigger button scheme. And they are much cheaper! Is this true?

No, the big button from Gen 2's will not work. Possibly from the different vehicle but I don't know the colors or numbers. You can get a big button style but it has to be for a Gen 1. I have one out in the 94 that I don't drive anymore. It would work for you but don't assume that just because a unit plugs up that it's going to work.

Some will come on full blast when you turn the key on, some will do nothing but the right one will work perfectly. 97 or 98 ain't happening. I will be selling the one out of the 94 very soon because I'm taking all the black interior out of it and some other things and then sending it off to the crusher.

Do you have a price in mind for the unit. I am also in need of a descent grille. Don't have to be perfect. I'm just trying to get my wife's daily driver back into descent shape without paying an arm and a leg.

Probably $50 shipped. I would offer you a grille but mine kinda melted away.

Fire005.jpg

Yeah, that grille is definitely in worse shape than mine. The HVAC is in good shape though? If so, I'm sure I will want it when you are ready to get rid of it. I think every button on mine is collapsed.

all eatc units from 93-96 all interchange, but 93 and 94 are the crappy hollow buttons that crack. you want a 95, with a blue case or orange case, or you can use a 96 unit with blue case. but the 96 units look exactly like the 97-98, same face plate, different internals, so you cant use a 97 or a 98.

I guess I'll keep my eyes open for a '95. Does it matter whether it is a mark or continental? Cobra, are you selling yours? Jamie did you get my pm about those headlamp capsules?

Here is the one I'll be selling. It's in good shape and works fine. It worked good in my 94 but I don't know what it would do in a 95. Now that I have a 95, I will test it out to see if it works lol. It is the big button style like the 97 and 98

Cleaned%20Up%20006.jpg

car6.jpg

The one up above is the same one in my car. I had bought a new stereo but these pics are from the same car.

terry yours is a 96 unit, same as the one i put in the white 95 i sold you, it will work in all 93-96.

Cool, then no need for testing it but I still want to make sure what I send someone is in working condition before I take any money. It has always worked perfectly for me and it didn't get burned in the fire.

Members online

No members online now.
Back