Hydraulic Pump

lincolnls22's

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I recently had the hydraulic pump take a crap on me... imagine that!:mad: I am just wondering if I should replace this pump or do the conversion? I know in the converison I read on here you have to remove the pump... so if my fan is still in working condition wouldn't it make more sense to just replace the pump and leave it at that? Let me know what your thoughts are guys.

Thanks

it come down to cost and time.

If you can afford to have the car off the road while you gather the right parts and do a conversion - I would.

If you can't afford the time - then replace it.

Cost is the other angle...

And you had to post the same question in the same sub-forum, why, again?

Because your answer to the other post was too long and rambling to be able to read all of it?

Some thought

Well I'm on my 3rd or 4th pump and 3rd or 4th fan since new on an 01V6. Very expensive and a piece of crap. you may just need the solenoid and not the pump, check it out first. if i had to do it again i would have bought the electric fan on ebay with temp sensor and be done with it. but what do you replace the pump pully with? on the V6 you can't just take off the pump, you need something to replace the pully, no ideas yet......

Thats where I am lost here on this electric conversion I would like to do. If I just do the conversion and let the fluid go then my pump will start wining etc. Is there a way to do the conversion and not mess with the hydraulics?

Thats where I am lost here on this electric conversion I would like to do. If I just do the conversion and let the fluid go then my pump will start wining etc. Is there a way to do the conversion and not mess with the hydraulics?

Some folks looped the pump back into itself. But since your pump is leaking, seems that wouldn't help. You really should remove it. It's a really enjoyable job.

conversion

someone else has a write up with photos on a conversion. Yes you must do something with the hydraulics. easy job removing the pump from the motor, BUT the hydraulic line is jack hammered in there....!!! I have never found anyone who has done the conversion and replaced the pump with a pully, let me know if you do!

i'm not sure, i dont have any experience with the v6. i dont know how the pump and belts are set up on the v6. if the belt system is the same then it should work the same

Members online

No members online now.
Back