I give up... someone just tell me!!! What fuse???

rebel_69_27

LVC Member
Reaction score
Im wiring up my electric fan and need a ignition fuse to run from... everything i test seems to have power to it with just the battery hooked up... idk what im doing wrong or if im having that type of luck but have been searching and searching... can someone just tell me a fuse i can connect to that works with the ignition

are you trying to hook up a high current wire from the fan, or is it a low current trigger wire? (it makes a difference as to where you can choose to get the right wire)

it just states find a circuit that is "hot" , preferably in a fuse box, when the key is in the on position... i already have my power wire n negative connected from my battery...i believe its just to tell when the key is turned cause i read somewhere in there that it has a delay when the key is turned to start so no power is taking away from the initial start

so then it is a much thinner wire than the other two?

does it have its own fuse, if so what size is it?

as long as it doesn't need a lot of current, you could tap in to the ignition wire at the key cylinder.

yea it has a 30 amp fuse for the regular power connection this is just an 18 ga wire that connects to the "box" and which ever fuse...

The best thing to do is use a relay to power the fan directly off the battery, regardless of what the directions might say. A 30 amp foglight relay should work for a single fan, a relay for each fan for a dual fan setup. A 40 amp relay would be better, but a 30 amp will do the job.

On the control line, I'm assuming you have a 1st gen. Why not just use the control line for the hydraulic fan to control the relay? Then, the computer would control cooling using the same parameters the computer expects.

Also, what kind of fan are you using?

yea i have a 2000 just put a new motor in it and this is basically the only thing stopping me from adding the liquid n trying to start it...still learning a lot about this car so directions are just the safest thing to go by, hence asking for the input... i bought the flex a lite 183

k deal, found the connector that went to the hydraulic pump and going to tap into that wire... appreciate it

The best thing to do is use a relay to power the fan directly off the battery, regardless of what the directions might say. A 30 amp foglight relay should work for a single fan, a relay for each fan for a dual fan setup. A 40 amp relay would be better, but a 30 amp will do the job.

On the control line, I'm assuming you have a 1st gen. Why not just use the control line for the hydraulic fan to control the relay? Then, the computer would control cooling using the same parameters the computer expects.

Also, what kind of fan are you using?

Since he's looking for a control signal, his fan already has a built-in relay. If it didn't, a 30A relay probably would not be enough.

Im wiring up my electric fan and need a ignition fuse to run from... everything i test seems to have power to it with just the battery hooked up... idk what im doing wrong or if im having that type of luck but have been searching and searching... can someone just tell me a fuse i can connect to that works with the ignition

I would access & use a fuse located in the engine fuse compartment that are marked inside the cover. Spares are available also.

Members online

Back