i have a car audio problem...please help

getyourgwapup

LVC Member
Reaction score
ok i have a good system in my car and this is the problem , i have a pioneer double din 4 door voice speakers,2 10' in voice speakers and a 10 in bass sub and 3 amps and thats it, i had installed about 2 months ago and never been a problem

2000 watt amp is powering the 4 door speakers
600 watt amp is powering the 2 10' voice speakers
600 watt amp is powering the bass box

no w the problem is that out of no where since last week when i put the head unit to volume 8 or pass the 2000 watt amp powering my door speakers goes out, but in order for it to work i have to turn the car off and turn it back on.. so when i do that it works and the green light on the amp is on which means everything is good but when the volume on the head unit goes to 8 or higher the green light turn to red..

the wiring is done good and clean, i have a stock battery, but people say that that amp that keeps going off (2000) watt one, requires a lot of power, they told it keeps turning off because i have a stock battery so they told me to install a red top optimum battery.. so what do you guys think i should do???

remember im running 3 amps..

2000 watt amp to just your door speakers? What the hell kind of door speakers do you have? make and model info please.

02 door spears, their 200 watt each speaker.. there all voice no bass what so ever.... when i tell u that u hear me form 3 blocks away, im not lying epically with my (2) 10'in voice speakers in my back deck... and the amp that is powering it is only for voice no bass whats so ever..

So... the brand is? and the model is? I'm not trying to sound mean... I'm just interested in what you have installed.

The amp is probably going into protection which means a few different things. Either the amp is bad, you have a bad speaker or the amp is grounding out.

If you have a stereo amp you can hook it up to the door speakers to test to see if it is infact the amp. You can probably hook one of your 600 watt amps to these speakers and as long as it isn't a mono amp it will work. If you turn it past 8 and it plays that is your problem.

If it is a 4 channel amp then turn the radio past 8 and let it shut off, unhook 1 speaker at a time from the amp and if it starts to play again you have a bad speaker or a bad connection. If the connection is bad or it is touching any type of metal it can put an amp in protection mode.

To test the voltage theory just take a meter and place it on the positive and negative connections on the amp. Turn the radio up and if it drops voltage then that will tell you there that it is a voltage problem. A redtop battery is a good solution but a company called Kinetik makes a battery just for car stereo. I would check it out regardless since you are running 3 amps.

http://www.kinetikaudio.com/default.asp

OK, first off, I don't know of many 2000W 2 or 4 channel amps. Need to know brand and model numbers. Just cause it says 2000W on the amp does not mean it is a 2000W amp in true form. Secondly, what kind of speakers are you running in the doors and the subs. And what the hell are 10" voice speakers? Please call them subs or mid bass and not 10' Voice speakers....And they are 10" (inch, not feet). We cannot help much if we cannot understand your setup.

from what i see its just stock speakers, maybe he running the alpine speakers to the amp, im guess its a pyle or something like that, sounds like its grounding out like ^^ said, make sure it has its own spot on the chassis, is the amp overheating? fuses? i doubt its the battery simply because if it was, EVERYTHING would shut off, in theory, if your drawing too much voltage from the battery. Unless your experienced in car audio, take it to a mom and pops shop, have them check it out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back