I Have A Question About My 20" Rims Tires

JOKER613

LVC Member
Reaction score
My Tire Rubs And Shreds On The Top Of The Rear Right Side, It Rubs On The Inside Fender Im Not Sure If My Shocks Are Bad Or The Springs.

Right Now My Rims Are Off For The Winter And I Feel No Difference.

I Was Told That Theres Too Much Weight On The Rear Right Side Like The Gas Tank And The Battery But With My Rims On And 2 People In The Backside Only The Right Side Rubs.

Im Not Sure If I Should Buy Stifer Shocks Or Srrings

JOKER613 said:
My Tire Rubs And Shreds On The Top Of The Rear Right Side, It Rubs On The Inside Fender Im Not Sure If My Shocks Are Bad Or The Springs.

Right Now My Rims Are Off For The Winter And I Feel No Difference.

I Was Told That Theres Too Much Weight On The Rear Right Side Like The Gas Tank And The Battery But With My Rims On And 2 People In The Backside Only The Right Side Rubs.

Im Not Sure If I Should Buy Stifer Shocks Or Srrings

Mine did the same thing, I just switched tires that are a little rounder on the edges and I havent been rubbing. I am running 245/35/20 and my wheels are 20x8.5. Most of the guys with 20x8 dont rub as much. I am still trying to figure out why the passenger side more than the drivers side. :confused:

The right rear is a common place for the rubbing, your rims have too much offset bringing the tire out too far. I used rubber coil spacers in between each spring coil to stiffen up my springs and I dont rub with a 42mm offset and 255 wide tires.

02V8Sport said:
The right rear is a common place for the rubbing, your rims have too much offset bringing the tire out too far. I used rubber coil spacers in between each spring coil to stiffen up my springs and I dont rub with a 42mm offset and 255 wide tires.

Mine does not rub on the outside, it rubs on the inside of the right rear, I should have taken pics of my old tire. the offset on my wheels is fine. Its kind of like there is another problem. Nothing major unless I have two adults in the back and I hit a bump, Just seems weird how it rubs on one side but not the other.

i have 20x7.5 245/35/20 with a +48mm offset. no rubbing at all with car full of passengers. even through huge dips or ramp-like situations. i guess a stiffer suspension will help.

Mine rubs like none ther, the passenger side only. it ripped up all the tires and tore the fender down. im not sure why. i do know that the ball joint is BAD on that side, but am low on funds now. would that cause it to do that?

I Got 245/35zr20 Nit Bw Nt555 95w The Tires Are Wide But Looks Good

ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE WOULD FIT 22"RIMS AND WHAT SPRINGS AND SHOCK YOU WOULD NEED

Members online

No members online now.
Back