I Pimped My Ride...or gave it a mini makeover

crucian

LVC Member
Reaction score
Check it out fellas...(and ladies if there are any)

Here's what I had done:

Paint and Install Eye Lids/Lashes to match the pearl color
Paint all chrome parts to match the pearl color
Paint and Install Grill Inserts to match the pearl color

181437_241952099244290_100002885056319_389009_271168667_n.jpg

551576_241952275910939_364642732_n.jpg

I'm sorry if I misled you. I didn't do anything. Paid a body shop to do it all. Doing all the work above plus repainting the gas cover to match because whoever had the car before did a terrible job painting the gas cover door. But it cost me $450 even.

Here's a pic showing the wheels but I just picked it up today and will take better pics this weekend.

476279_198984556874378_2005442882_o.jpg

Looks good. Those arent lashes lol. Some women around here have the lashes on their cars, and i see a mini cooper with lashes and pink lips on the front bumper. I see the cooper and say "if they rear end someone or they get backed in to, they'll be kissin a$$"

Check it out fellas...(and ladies if there are any)

551576_241952275910939_364642732_n.jpg

In the before picture, that's an odd place to park it. Neighbors be like wteff!

Looking good and welcome to the site. I read eye lashes while waiting for the pictures to load and I just thought "please don't be eye lashes like you see on the beatles." Laslty, holy huge pictures!

LOL, hey...I only said lashes because I've seen some people call them lashes. I call them eye lids.

Thanks for all the nice comments fellas. I just bought the car back in February and wasn't really looking for a LS or a Lincoln. I was looking for a 2002-2005 Tahoe or Yukon Denali but I didn't want to spend all that cash because I didn't intend on having a note; got this at a dealer and got a nice 2 year extended warranty with it to cover any expensive Lincoln repairs and so far, I'm happy.

Looks great! I dig the White/White combo.
How did the Grille insert go on, did it just pop in overtop of the stock?

WOW!!!!!!! I like it.:cool: The white on white look really NICE!!!!!!!!

Just some finishing touches. Remove the "Lincoln LS V8" from the taillights. They come right off. Little alcohol to remove the last of the adhesive. Need to remove the "orange reflector" from inside the headlights. The orange corner markers need to be painted white as well. You really don't need them. Or get the clear corner marker lenses. Just my $.02.:rolleyes:

Looks great! I dig the White/White combo.
How did the Grille insert go on, did it just pop in overtop of the stock?

Thanks. Yes, the insert goes over the stock grille and is held there with thin wires. Nothing fancy...this is just for the look and I'm 110% happy with the results. I think the only thing I'll do is spray paint around the edge of the stock grille in white so that it would blend in better.

Last edited:
WOW!!!!!!! I like it.:cool: The white on white look really NICE!!!!!!!!

Just some finishing touches. Remove the "Lincoln LS V8" from the taillights. They come right off. Little alcohol to remove the last of the adhesive. Need to remove the "orange reflector" from inside the headlights. The orange corner markers need to be painted white as well. You really don't need them. Or get the clear corner marker lenses. Just my $.02.:rolleyes:

I thought about either removing the "Lincoln LS V8" or painting it white as well. I may just remove them.

As for the reflector, it was actually supposed to be painted pearl as well but I guess I didn't tell them that because I said paint all the chrome to pearl and thought it in my mind but didn't really say it thinking they'd do it but I may just put clear lights there but the orange doesn't really bother me at all.

Thanks for the input, I think I'll at least put clear reflectors (if they make them) and will eventually remove the letters on the brake lights.

Thanks. Yes, the insert goes over the stock grille and is held there with thin wires. Nothing fancy...this is just for the lock and I'm 110% happy with the results. I think the only thing I'll do is spray paint around the edge of the stock grille in white so that it would blend in better.

Gotcha, I never really knew how those things stayed in place.

Nice makeover! Must be feeling like you got a whole new toy right now. Looks great!

Definietly need to see more pictures of the "new" look with the white wheels. ASAP. Bro.:D

I like the first pic.

Second pic looks ricey for a Lincoln. Looked it over many times but cannot warm up to the a/m grilles.

I like the white on white look minus the chicken wire grille. The waterfall grille in white would look sporty.

Last pic came out real nice.

The chrome license plate frame is a definite distraction. A simple white frame would complete the white on white look quite nicely.

Glad you're 110% happy with the results. Nice looking car overall !

Liking the color matched chrome, looks good!

If I were you I'd do something different with the front grilles tho. that mesh gives it a cheap look IMO

Definietly need to see more pictures of the "new" look with the white wheels. ASAP. Bro.:D

Only because you asked sir. Here they be. It's hard to find shade in Tucson and taking pics of a pearl white car in the sun doesn't come out like it should.

LS.jpg

LS2.jpg

LS3.jpg

LS4.jpg

ls5.jpg

LS6.jpg

I've already ordered the clear side marker light and will add some paint on the stock grille edges so that the mesh grille will blend in better.

"I've already ordered the clear side marker light and will add some paint on the stock grille edges so that the mesh grille will blend in better."

Nice ride, I think you're on the right track here ^. probably would have gone w/ flat black on the lower grille instead of the mesh but hey

Members online

No members online now.
Back