I tried, I tried!

elhelmete

LVC Member
Reaction score
'03 owner here. Love my LS. Got 96K on the clock and just starting to get itchy for a new ride.

Actually I've been saying that for a few months but I finally went for a couple test drives this weekend.

Drove the MKZ. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Absolutely nothing exciting about it, IMHO. Left the Lincoln dealer a bit depressed since I was hoping I would like it enough to make the leap to FWD and forget about my love for the LS. But it just didn't do it.

Across the street from my office is a Caddy dealer, and went over to look at CTSs. I like, but don't love. Salesperson said (I walked over, not drove) "Lincoln should have never stopped making the LS."

Nuff said.

Going to LA car show to see the new Linc...maybe hold the LS for a while longer.

Sorry but the new direct injection CTS is an awesome car. The interior, exterior, and it has 300hp. It rides and handles like a dream. So you must have been driving a 1st gen CTS? And it comes in RWD or AWD.

Maybe one day Lincoln will realize what they have done and bring the LS back. Maybe add some value to the old ones.

The interior, exterior, and it has 300hp.
You actually like the interior of the CTS? :confused: I cant stand the inside of those things. Or any new Cadillac for that matter. They've just gotten cheaper and cheaper over the past 10 years. The interior of my 97 STS was decent, it could have been much better, but it was decent at best. The new Caddys feel no different than the new Chevys. Which is pretty sad if you ask me. Cadillac is supposed to be the staple of American Luxury, yet they use the same quality plastic that you find in a Malibu or a Gran Prix?
We all have our own opinions, don't get me wrong. I just think that when I sit down in a Cadillac, it shouldn't feel like I'm in a Toyota.

I agree, the new Cadillacs are nothing to awe over, but GM hit it on the head, these things are going to fly out the doors.(especially with the new Chevy lineup)

I'd personally wait it out for the MKS, looks fantastic. Or just look for an 06 LS, can't really go wrong with one of those!

You actually like the interior of the CTS? :confused: I cant stand the inside of those things. Or any new Cadillac for that matter. They've just gotten cheaper and cheaper over the past 10 years. The interior of my 97 STS was decent, it could have been much better, but it was decent at best. The new Caddys feel no different than the new Chevys. Which is pretty sad if you ask me. Cadillac is supposed to be the staple of American Luxury, yet they use the same quality plastic that you find in a Malibu or a Gran Prix?
We all have our own opinions, don't get me wrong. I just think that when I sit down in a Cadillac, it shouldn't feel like I'm in a Toyota.

Oh my god the 08 CTS is way way way way different than the 1st gen. It looks nothing like it. It is seriously on par with BMW or Mercedes interior. The 1st gen CTS' interior was disgusting I agree. I have one now haha but the CTS-V is a little better. Check out the 08 interior first the entire car is redesigned. I dont know what happened to Cadillac in 2001 to 2007 but they looked like :q:q:q:q. Now they are some of my favorite cars. The Escalade is extremely nice too. But the CTS....I'm waiting for the 09 CTS-V. 500hp

I feel you man, I drove a Navigator the other day, they have a special on em, 539 a month $4000 down lease on a fully loaded one with two tone leather. Man that thing was heavy, slow and didn't turn! Nasty.

I feel you man, I drove a Navigator the other day, they have a special on em, 539 a month $4000 down lease on a fully loaded one with two tone leather. Man that thing was heavy, slow and didn't turn! Nasty.

Thats because its a re-badged Expedition. Its a people mover, not a sports car. But it does keep with Lincolns classic soft ride and cruise ship maneuverability.

I am lukewarm about the interior of the 1st gen CTS. That's my reservation. Otherwise I really like the car.

To be fair, when I sat in my first G35 I said, "eww, Nissan." And certain trim levels of the LS are nothing to brag about. So I'm not singling out Caddy.

Oh please look at the 2nd gen CTS. It's drastically different.

I agree, I was in one last week. I love the interior, and the pop up nav is sweet as hell. I also dig the 40 gig harddrive, I could toss all my music on it without having to hook up my mp3 player.

Members online

No members online now.
Back