I want to smack my mechanic(venting)

BRODIAMOND

LVC Member
Reaction score
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I own a 1994 Linciln Cont. Exec. Series and I posted about the Air Suspension problems. I replaced all of the airstruts and put in a new air ride brain and the car lifted for about 2 days then it just dropped. I took the car to my Lincoln Mechanic and he told me that the mechanic that installed my airstruts and airride brain tried to hotwire the compressor and burned out the brain. Well today he also found that they cut the wires for the air ride from the main wiring harness(we can not find where it is cut), so the brain will not tell the fronts airbags to lift up and that the rears wont deflate and keep rising. We also found out that they manually lifted the car(filled the bags with air) to make it look like everything was working. Also they hooked the power antena up with the air compressor:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I may just sell the car(88k Miles), the airbags(less than a 20miles on them) or put the kit on it.
This is just turning into a straight up nightmare any suggestions???[/SIZE]

Sell it. Lessen your headache, move on and make sure you tell everyone about those rat bastards.

I downloaded the manuals from fordcds.com and I read them before doing anything. I am able to do most work on my car or at least perform the factory tests and have the Ford mechanic do only the repair/replacement.

I had a technician recently replace my alternator, and I showed him how to do it. The other technician was pounding on the battery clamp with a mallet to put it on - I asked him to stop hitting the battery. He still never replaced the clamp and it came loose and caused a regulator to burn out two weeks later. I have replaced two regulators now and can do it in 50 minutes. Now I have to squabble with Ford to try to get some compensation for their inadequate repairs. It was in a city not near me and they are not returning my phone call.

Regards,
Brad.

It just hurts!!!

I really had my heart set on driving that Lincoln, I am really pissed off!!

Check with your insurance co. Sounds strange...let me tell you my story...
Needed some high end tire balance with a Road-force balancer. I went to Just Tires franchise that had the special machine. I was the only person in the shop at the time and I instructed the Adviser to make sure they t/off the air ride. Well I wait and wait and wait and wait . Well finally at closing (almost 3 hrs) they say it is done, I pay the stupid high price and they lock the door behind me. No problem going home - nice and smooth...ahhhhh. I go out the next am and the car has dropped on all four corners. I start her up and the air ride error comes on after 90 seconds ( as it should). So I call the Tire shop and they say they turned off the air ride, it was on the check sheet..oh no it is not, not on my copy. They say, well just drive it on up and they will fix it - First it cant be driven, at least not with out damage. So tow it and we will take care of it. I advise they will need a low rider flat bed . Of course the first one to show up is a regular tag along and he looked at Mark and said If I even think about picking that up I am going to trash that car. He was a pretty good old boy and called his boss and ordered the low rider roll back I asked for to begin with. In the meantime I need a car - I have rental coverage so I call my insurance company. I tell them my story and they say they will take care of everything - even the air ride issue. Well to make the story even longer the 2nd tow truck driver refused to load the car because he knew it could be damaged very easily-- so I did it. When they took it off he made the shop take it off, they bottomed out and crumpled both front fenders. Sigh ...The insurance Co had it taken to a ,now out of business, Lincoln dealer who told me they dont make air parts for the MARK and I need to buy a new car (after sitting there for 2 weeks). Well I put them in touch with Eddie they got the new lines installed and a solenoid (not to mention the Navi uses the same basic lines). They did the paintless dent removal on the fenders and I cant tell at all (I have a couple of show cars and I am a picky bastard).

Anyways the moral of the story is the Insurance paid for everything, the org shop paid the insurance company and the poor service Lincoln dealer is now Nissan shop. Oh and I am banned for life at the tire store (which is owned by Goodyear).

Sue the previous mechanic

If the previous mechanic altared your car in anyway from the manufacturer's original setup, without written permission from you, they are liable. So long as this wasn't a backyard mechanic, they should back their work. Good luck.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back