Imrc Solenoid

47carmel

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I need drivers side IMRC solenoid used would be nice if not where to purchase new at best discount.

The solenoid or the actuator? I never heard of a solenoid going bad.

And the year would help!

What year car cause it makes a difference.

EDIt (Drat Unity asked the question already...but yeah the question holds anyway)

Those were ONLY made in 1996, you have to get the complete IMRC.

jamie97lsc may have some used ones, but since they were made for only one year they are hard to find.

93-95 vacuum ODB I
96 vacuum with ODB II
97-98 electronic control with cables

An earlier version may work, but you will have a constant CE light since the ODB system will not be able to tell the position of the IMRCS, thats what the wires are for.

I just went thru this very problem. I purchase mine thru Maxx at 5 star ford, as I couldn't find them used anywhere. They are very expensive. List price for each side was in the 400 plus range. I got them for 270 each. What I would do If I were you, is to make sure it is the drivers side that is bad. My code indicated that the Bank 1 imrc was stuck open. According to ford, bank 1 is the passenger side. Unfortunately my drivers side was the bad one. It also had a vacuum leak. Because of this I destroyed the passenger actuator and had to buy 2 instead of one.

I wonder if this is the same person Jamie knows. HE got 2 good controls from a local junkyard, for $50. Jamie told me he had a good unit from from this guys car, when I needed one. Come to find out the guy had come back and taken the good one home with him.

that is him, thats my buddy Ed selling it, it will only fit driverside. it is in working condition i am the one who fixed his car and removed that one, the bastard took it back on me and left the junk one on my work bench lol. i did take apart a 96 last month, but im pretty sure someone already bought both actuators off that car, i'll double check though.

I got IMRC control from Max. After install motor runs smooth but I have extreme idle, it seems idle control valve not working properly. I choked running engine down with rag and engine idled way down. Now how do I test IAC to make sure it is the IAC thats bad or another sensor not working? Need help

Fast Idle

I repladced IAC, it runs great. Went on test drive 2 miles up/dn with rpmaccerator runs and acts great. Next morning went 5 blocks IAC stuck open, 3000+RPM dangerous brakes couldn't hold it, I disconnected IAC idle dropped way down. What is making IAC act weird? Need help

Wanted

Does anyone know where i can get a IMRC actuator for my 96 mark viii LSC?
i live in Ca and the dealers from here to Nevada have none in stock anymore.

Thak you for the referrals!! now the bad news...
the l/h F6LY-9S514-BA has about 20 left (at ford) in the country then it is dead, listing for now at $513.62 and LVC at $308.17.....
the r/s is another matter..it is dead and I have found 11 left in the country..1 locally that I will buy that one as soon as they open...listing for 484.54 and LVC at $290.72. The others are at dealers and might be priced differently. both ( 1 set) ready to ship today
max

thats insane man, for a stupid little actuator. left and right total added up is worth almost as much as most 96's lol.

Jamie.....your mad because you charged too little $$$ for those you had...LOL

Max

I figured this would happen. Anyone who has this problem has 2 solutions. Either do a "c" head swap and get rid of them. Or get a chip and see if the monitoring system can be turned off. Another stupid design by ford.

My drivers side IMRC is bad according to the OBDII code. My engine has a few miles on it and the timing chains make tons of noise when it's cold out so I went and bought a 90k 96' Engine off Ebay for $400 some odd dollars.

Worst comes to worst at least I got some IMRC's :confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back