In Dash TV

Cjay LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
I believe it's time to put a in-dash tv in the LS. But I'm not sure what brand to go with. I would like to find one in a reasonable price range around 400 or 500 dollars. What do you guys recommend?

If you want just a screen, I have a hella deal for you - You'd need an external DVD player, like a PS2 or a standalone....

I have an Icon-TV Screen, 6.8 inch TV Screen....200 SHipped....If your interested, check my thread on the sale below somewhere......You will not find a better screen for the price; retail on it is 899.00

Edit: Heres the thread -

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=27443

If you want a whole unit, for the 400-500 range, you will be looking at no name brands. Period....

Minimum decent In dash I have seen is a Pioneer AVIC D2 Navi Unit, and that doesnt even have a DVD Player....and they are 700+ on ebay...

Which ever way you go....good luck

are you looking for a flip out style screen, or an actual in dash system? navigation/no navigation? what kind of accessories do you want/need? the pioneer avic n1 came in my ls when i bought it. im extremely happy with it, and i never liked pioneer before this one. its got tons of features, and its the first gen nav unit from pioneer. the avic n3 is out, as well as the d2, which is more oem looking. id like to upgrade to the d2 sometime.

I really like the look of the actual in dash screens because they look more oem. But would settle with a flip out screen. Really don't need the navigation. I prefer to a have unit that has DVD player and screen combined. I found a couple Jensen players on circuitcity's website, ranging from $299-$499, but they appear to have a cheap look with very few options.

Cjay LS said:
I found a couple Jensen players on circuitcity's website, ranging from $299-$499, but they appear to have a cheap look with very few options.

That is prolly the best ones you'll find in the sub 500 range.... I am gonna buy the AVIC D2 and use a PS2 for the DVD Player....If I didn't want Navi, I'd keep my screen, as it's a really good picture...

They Had a Dual one at Best Buy this morning for like 399 and that was :q:q:q:q too.....

If you need to do Sub 500, the Jensen or a used alpine off ebay would be your best bets....

the d2's dont play dvds?! the avic n series does cd/dvd/nav in one. you can get n1's on ebay for $500-700.

ballzac86 said:
the d2's dont play dvds?! the avic n series does cd/dvd/nav in one. you can get n1's on ebay for $500-700.

The AVIC-D1 and AVIC-D2 both need the separate DVD changer to play DVDs. Or you can just hook up another source, ie. xbox, PS2, etc. I bought the AVIC-D1 and just can't imagine why they would put the capabilities of handling DVDs from a separate source, but not from its own damn DVD-ROM.:mad:

Or just buy the AVIC-Z1 and get it all in one head unit. Then you can add the TV tuner, BlueTooth, XM w/NavTraffic or Sirius, 5.1 Surround, etc etc. But the price is way over your budget....

How much modification to the dash would be required to fit a double din monitor, such as the pioneer avh-p6800dvd or avic D2.

pioneer avic d2.jpg

AFAIK the D2 is just a normal Double Din requiring only a custom faceplate to mount and match into the dash, it will fit inside the stock location whole fine.

I read somewhere (Crutchfield?) that the two front center speakers no longer work when you remove the stock LS stereo, and use the Avic system?

Members online

Back