in need of help

banktaculous

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm stuck out of town visiting family....I'm trying to get back to austin and my car won't crank....it was fine yesterday and the day before on the trip down....it's just clicking and wont turn over....what could this be....i'm parked behind my grandmother's car and i'm unable to get anywhere

thank you

If it ain't the battery being dead, I would say it has something to do with the starter itself. Check battery voltage and make sure it's reading in the 12's to 13's

If it is, it's probably the starter solenoid which requires removing the whole starter. 3 bolts holds it in and one of them ain't very easy to get to and you don't have to put it back in. It can wait till you get back home.

i'll disconnet the battery and see if i can get a ride all the lights work along with the radio and i can roll the windows up and down.....not sure how old this battery is maybe it's just enough juice to do that

The battery can be depleted to the point that it wont crank, but it'll power the radio and the lights. Take it out and go get it tested at Autozone or O'Reilley's. Where are you?

i'm in victoria.....it was the battery it was dead. i just came back from getting it tested

thank you i appreciate everyone's assistance in this matter

smack the starter with a hammer while someone is holding the key in the crank position, really, 9 times out of 10 it will work. get home and then replace the starter, the hammer trick only works a few times

Members online

No members online now.
Back