Infant Car Seat

anovelli

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know an infant car seat that fits snug into the LS? I dont want the base to move at all in the car. I have been to 5 diff stores and researched online but I cant find anything

Are you using the carseat anchors? Those usually really help. When my kids were small we used Graco car seats and never had a problem.

Are you using the carseat anchors? Those usually really help. When my kids were small we used Graco car seats and never had a problem.

yeah using carseat anchors. I havent tried graco yet. it seems like the front always moves though. It doesnt seem safe

I have 2 of the Baby Trend Flex-Loc's but I don't use the bases in the LS. However, when I do put them in the LS I have to move my seat up some to get them in and out. Just make sure to turn off the easy entry or you will be smooshin up some car seats.... don't ask me how I know that....

+1 on not using the bases. Although it's a little extra work getting them in/out, I'd much rather have them be more secure. I also bought a pad that protects the leather from the car seat. It prevented the seat from moving as much too. Bought it at Target for around $20 IIRC.

Just put them in the trunk! Thats what I thought the cargo net was for? no? ;)

Id rather use a base just to make it easier. Idk it seems like every baby store no one knows anything. Im just confused

i have never seen a car seat that didnt have a little play when mounted whether using a detachable base or not.

i have never seen a car seat that didnt have a little play when mounted whether using a detachable base or not.

A little play is okay, and actually better for the child in a collision anyway. What you are trying to do is to keep him or her from hitting anything else in the car. When everything comes to a sudden stop, having the seat move a couple of inches will just help to reduce the g-forces on the kid anyway.

A little play is okay, and actually better for the child in a collision anyway. What you are trying to do is to keep him or her from hitting anything else in the car. When everything comes to a sudden stop, having the seat move a couple of inches will just help to reduce the g-forces on the kid anyway.

Everycar seat I have tried swings fully left and right. So if Someone isnt in the back seat the car seat will turn

Everycar seat I have tried swings fully left and right. So if Someone isnt in the back seat the car seat will turn

It's been several years now, but no my kids' seats weren't that loose.

Evenflo Symphony 65 Convertible Car Seat - Liberty at ToysRus
20% off coupons float around for this so don't pay more than $160
In rear facing position, you will need to use the strap on the back and anchor it to the front seat frame to help keep it level. All of the seats I looked at did not recline enough in rear facing position so the baby is too vertical. This was the most reclined seat/base available and is close to working, but you need to anchor that front passenger seat frame down low to get it properly leveled (as you cinch the anchors, it pulls the front of the seat down and the back of the seat up). Other thing, the base is not nearly as easily removed as an infant carrier. You can't pull the seat off of a base in one car and slap it on the base in the other car like you can with an infant carrier.

For an infant carrier (rear facing only): Evenflow Embrace LX infant car seat. This one fits really nice and is small/easy enough to get in and out and the base is fairly cheap so you can buy a second one for the wife- very convenient. Only downside is my baby is "healthy" and now exceeds the 20 lb weight limit.

In both cases, you use the supplied belt that secures to the seat anchors, in addition to the shoulder belt with the locking clip. Put your full weight on the base/seat as you cinch the belts. Grippy seat protectors can prevent excess sliding as well as save your leather. Like stated above, you should only have about an inch of wiggle each way.

Evenflo Symphony 65 Convertible Car Seat - Liberty at ToysRus
20% off coupons float around for this so don't pay more than $160
In rear facing position, you will need to use the strap on the back and anchor it to the front seat frame to help keep it level. All of the seats I looked at did not recline enough in rear facing position so the baby is too vertical. This was the most reclined seat/base available and is close to working, but you need to anchor that front passenger seat frame down low to get it properly leveled (as you cinch the anchors, it pulls the front of the seat down and the back of the seat up). Other thing, the base is not nearly as easily removed as an infant carrier. You can't pull the seat off of a base in one car and slap it on the base in the other car like you can with an infant carrier.

For an infant carrier (rear facing only): Evenflow Embrace LX infant car seat. This one fits really nice and is small/easy enough to get in and out and the base is fairly cheap so you can buy a second one for the wife- very convenient. Only downside is my baby is "healthy" and now exceeds the 20 lb weight limit.

In both cases, you use the supplied belt that secures to the seat anchors, in addition to the shoulder belt with the locking clip. Put your full weight on the base/seat as you cinch the belts. Grippy seat protectors can prevent excess sliding as well as save your leather. Like stated above, you should only have about an inch of wiggle each way.

Thank you I will take a look into it.

My wife and I used the Peg Perego system. Very tight, no movemnt when using either the LATCH connections in our LS, or th seatbelt in our Explorer. This also allows for purchasing additional bases if switching between vehicles often, the only thing going in or out is the infant carrier. Strollers are also available that accept the same infant carrier. We were VERY happy with the Peg Perego. Very easy to use and a superb quality item.
Our kids then graduated to a Britax that is also very snug when mounted properly and will do both rear facing and front facing.
Once big enough...If you can swing the price...Recaro makes some great convertible and booster seats with side impact protection for the head. We have one of each in our LS. I highly recomend.
I do not recoment the Eddie Bauer seats, which I believe are made by Cosco or evenflo...(?). Our convertible has lasted very well but has never been "user freindly". A couple ofr Graco's experienced through Hertz and Enterprise while traveling were very loose and slid back and forth excessivly.
I also recommend a pad like the one offered by One Step Ahead to protect the seat.

Also...When looking...find one that each side of the harness can be clicked in to the bottom buckle seperatly, rather than both sides fitted together and then inserted into the buckle like some kind of Chinese jigsaw puzzle. At some point your child will be tired and cranky, hungry, obstinate, whatever and fitting the two pieces togeter will be a PITA. While it's raining. Also, your child will one day want to start doing this by themselves. It is part of growing up and will make your life so much easier when it is easier for them. This is huge.

I fought with infant car seats for months. The only solution I could find that would get them in level and tight was to

1 - roll up hand towels really tight, and place them under the base where it meets the seat back This would get the base level. It took three of them, two right by the base and one in front of them.

2 - sit on the base (not kidding here) and pull like heck on the seatbelt or latch belts. This would get the base tight, and the car seats wouldn't move. I still use this step on the forward facing car seats.

This was in my '00 LS and my wife's 04 Acura MDX.

I took my LS up to the local police department for currect fitment. Place your knee in the base or seat of the carseat. Pushdown into the base and pull the seat belt as tight as you can. Between the seatbelt and the rear anchor. The carseat didn't move a hair.

We use the CHICCO KeyFit 30 for our 4 month old and our 2 year old has a Reccaro in each of our cars. Neither of them move an inch when installed correctly.

If I was to be looking for a baby seat, I'd look very hard at those made by Simpson. They make racing safety equipment. Everything in my car (and on me) for racing at Maxton is from Simpson and I am very pleased with the quality.

KS

here get this, has great bolstering so the little ones will stay put, lol

sim-92000_w.jpg

Quik, don't you find that your race belts are a PIA for daily use? (I like your picture, by the way!!)

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back