INSTALLED 97 Door Panels In A 96

KC96LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share the new door panels and see what everyone thinks. Everything works perfectly (electrics) and fit.

Last edited:
buddylee said:
Looks nice ..... What that red line on your dash??

Its a red neon type of light it used to go around each door as well. It will be a few days before I get them put back on. At night it looks real nice. Not to bright but just enough to look good. most people think it came that way from the factory.

Looks like I'll be checkin the junkyard for those door panels. Look real nice. Would look damn good in a 95'!

damn,you are my hero,i thought it wasnt good fit with gen 1 to 2 door panels?

guess i was wrong.

now....i dont think they made gen 2's with saddle interior color,did they? :(

I sware I read here that the gen 2 door panels wouldn't line up with the dash?

I guess they were wrong.

wonder if the center console would be a swap. ..... 1 cup holder what were they thinking?

Moes8 said:
damn,you are my hero,i thought it wasnt good fit with gen 1 to 2 door panels?

guess i was wrong.

now....i dont think they made gen 2's with saddle interior color,did they? :(

I'm not sure if they did make saddle interior, But I would think they would have. They fit perfectly. The texture is slightly off but you have to really look hard. I love it! I always like the Gen.1 dash but also liked the Gen.2 doors so right now I'm in heaven. Took a little brain work (I was in luck CUS I have a little brain) HaHa. but got it figured out and everything works perfectly.

Thanks for the words.

Greg

buddylee said:

I guess they were wrong.

wonder if the center console would be a swap. ..... 1 cup holder what were they thinking?

You did hear that. But I can tell you that the information was incorrect. They fit great.

Looks great, is this in your 96 LSC? I would love to own a 96 LSC!

Did you have to fabricate anything or did it line up on the door panel.They look freaken awesome! I have a 96M8 myself but my interior color is tan.

buddylee said:

I guess they were wrong.

Why wouldnt they line up? The only thing that changed on the dash is the part where the center counsole meets the dash. durr

MarkVIII93 said:
Why wouldnt they line up? The only thing that changed on the dash is the part where the center counsole meets the dash. durr

The interior door handles are different. All you have to do is drill 1 hole out per side.

Its nice man.... Very nice! You stole my idea! Just kiddin. Where did you happen to find door panels in such condition?

minus the chrome switches and handle, i think they look very good, congrats man.

Looks sweet as hell.

I tried this on the TerminVIIIor when I had an entire 98 gut ready to go and I saw the wiring wasn't the same and it "looked" like there would have been some alignment issues (there obviously a perfect fit) so I bailed on that idea and just went with the 98 door handles, trunk release (chrome) and fuel door as well as the rugs, headliner and front and rear seats as well as a 50/50 2 tone which now includes a black keyboard, steering wheel, steering colum and steering colum collar plastic.

The rugs and headliner DO NOT fot for sure, so don't try that one.

Again it looks KILLER!

It took me some time to figure out the wiring. But now I know what wires go where. Its really not a tough job at all. If anyone else wants to try it I would be happy to share the wiring and what goes where.

Thanks for the good feed back guys.

Greg

MarkVIII93 said:
Its nice man.... Very nice! You stole my idea! Just kiddin. Where did you happen to find door panels in such condition?

Out of a wrecked one. It was in the paper.

Members online

No members online now.
Back