Interior light fuse?

I need some help guys. My interior lights are not working. My trunk light will come on but thats about it, no puddle lights no interior lights. I tried going through all the fuses, found one blown but it was the cigar one so i dont think that had much to do with it but i replaced it anyways and still no go. Anyone happen to know the specific location for the fuse that goes to the interiors? I find it kinda weird the trunk light comes on but nothing else.....instruments do light up as well as radio and exterior lights. Just no puddle or interior. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

well at the top of the page in the tech articles, is the manual for the car which has every fuse in every fuse box in the car all mapped out.

which fuse box did you check? the one under the hood, in the trunk, or the one in the passenger kick panel?

Yeah, i have the manual but nowhere in the two fuse box's listed in the manual does it say interior lights. I tried the one under the hood and in the passenger kick panel, i did not know there was one in the trunk, where is it located if you dont mind me asking? Thanks for the quick reply btw :)

It's by the battery and spare tire. The interior light fuse is back there.

he hasn't posted in this thread in three months, it might take him longer than a minute to respond!

also

Did changing the fuse resolve the issue? Did they work after you changed the fuse?

Yes sir, just found it....that was the one. Thanks

if you have a blow fuse in your fuse box and your interior lights dont work, there is a very good chance that replacing that blown fuse just might work for you too. on the other hand, if the new fuse just blows again, then you have bigger fish to fry!

Courtesy Light Fuses - Keep Blowing

Sorry to hijack the thread but it looks like it's been a month since any activity on the problem so he must be OK by now.

My courtesy light fuse continues to blow on my 2000 LS. It has blown 2 or 3 times in the past year, and putting in a new fuse did the trick. Now the fuse has blown and putting new ones in result in instant sparking, with the fuse getting blown. Check in the car, all the lights are switched off and the doors are closed when I put the new fuses in, and the manual says there's nothing else associated with that fuse, so I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sorry to hijack the thread but it looks like it's been a month since any activity on the problem so he must be OK by now.

My courtesy light fuse continues to blow on my 2000 LS. It has blown 2 or 3 times in the past year, and putting in a new fuse did the trick. Now the fuse has blown and putting new ones in result in instant sparking, with the fuse getting blown. Check in the car, all the lights are switched off and the doors are closed when I put the new fuses in, and the manual says there's nothing else associated with that fuse, so I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

You have a wire shorting to the frame somewhere. It doesn't matter if the lights are on or off when this happens because the interior lights get positive battery power the whole time that the battery saver relays are on. (Ground to the lights is switched on and off.)

Thanks Joegr - Is there an easy way to find/trace the short?

The easy way is to replace the fuse with the largest one that you can find and then see what part of the car catches on fire first.

The right way is to trace the circuit and isolate it branch by branch.

The easy way is to replace the fuse with the largest one that you can find and then see what part of the car catches on fire first.

that might be the best way to test for this that i have ever heard!!!! :eek:

that might be the best way to test for this that i have ever heard!!!! :eek:

I actually know of a Jag mechanic that did that to an S-type. It was the bulb holder in the front passenger door.
After that cool little trick, a lot of the wiring had to be replaced, but he did find the fault.

Members online

Back