Is it okay - Headlight restore

I've always wanted to get a set of these lights for my older car. Now taht I have this car I definitely want a set. I know they are rare so I have homework to do. Hopefully I find someone willing to part with a set for cheap

DDM Tuning 6000K 35 Mark VIII Night Time Driving. - YouTube

Video of the lights. its a crappy video but hey what the hell. I am not able to control what my friend says. not sure what he was thinking. LED lights. when i heard that part i couldnt stop laughing.

I think the lights could be much better there is still room for improvment on the housings but over all when we hit the dark parts it was really nice.

I dont think he was holding the camera at a good spot. The houses are set so the bubble is in the middle. From my point of view behind the drivers seat its pretty nice. No one has flashed me from being blinded yet either. Thank you for the suggestion tho. I recheck the aiming on it

hmm. i have no idea where my bubble is. lol. but my are definitely pointed higher than that. also not been flashed.

I'm Curious. is there a thread on how to part the lenses from the housing and how to actually do the rechroming? ill search later if someone isnt kind enough to put the spoon in my mouth.

not anymore. martin, formerly blue on blue 93, and now aquabrit, had a write up. but it is no more.

I'd also go higher with both. In my third pic, I'm shining the white fence because they were on bright in that pic. On low, they extend out further and I have never been flashed at. Kinda hard to go by the bubble every time. They do look good though. Nice and bright.

i have used aluminum air duct tape polished to reline the gen i lenses. getting ready to wire the rear turn signels with a kit from web electric for sequintels installing 3157 bulbs in the bar on the 95 jds.
how did you separate the lenses from the buckets? heat? or a fine cutting tool?

No, not kiddin lol. Only takes about 5 minutes to clip it and most of the time spent is removing glove box contents and replacing but only one little bolt holds the lamp out module and it is for the headlights only. I know for a fact that it has no interaction with the tail lights for sure because when my brake light went out, the message center told me and beeped. So, snip that bad boy and be done with it. I have two HID kits and since the wire snip, I have only seen the message once and it was the brake light going out that caused it.

Don't feel bad, it took me over 2 years to get down there and snip my wire but it's done now and haven't had any problems with anything by doing it. Usually if you get the message right off the get go, it's because one HID bulb didn't come on with the other. Someone mentioned that, I think Kevin. Any Gen 1 that has or is going to be converted over to HID lighting needs a relay kit installed too. Most Gen 2's will never throw the message but 99% of the Gen 1's will. Relay kits are easy to install and help out quite a bit to ensure that both bulbs do come on. It gives the ballasts a little more power to work with.

I don't have a relay on mine and it works just fine. I bought the relay harness with the kit, but I was told by a friend of mine who put in an aftermarket hid kit in his trailblazer ss that he didn't need a relay..so I tried it w/o for the hell of it and it worked fine. Figured if it worked w/o why add more unnecessary wiring under the hood where there's already barely enough room for balasts and wires.. its been on my car for almost a year now and no problems with one going out or not getting enough voltage.

I don't have a relay on mine and it works just fine. I bought the relay harness with the kit, but I was told by a friend of mine who put in an aftermarket hid kit in his trailblazer ss that he didn't need a relay..so I tried it w/o for the hell of it and it worked fine. Figured if it worked w/o why add more unnecessary wiring under the hood where there's already barely enough room for balasts and wires.. its been on my car for almost a year now and no problems with one going out or not getting enough voltage.

Relay wire is to take stress off the ballasts I heard and a fail safe in a way I'm guessing

Members online

Back