Is it possible to fit "9 wide wheels on a Mark?

Lunar

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My name is Alexey, I'm from Moscow, Russia.

I always liked the classic "torq thrust" or "bullit" wheels and thinking about purchasing 18x9 bullets from the shop http://thecustomwheelshop.com/ .

I know some people from here bought them, but EVERYONE says to me that they WILL scratch at the front because they are too wide. And don't forget there are not so good roads in Russia.

The car is an everyday driver and I want to be sure in it's safety.

I need your advice badly. If people will say that "9 wheels are ok and will fit without problems, I will buy the wheels. If no, I will search for another set.

Thanks in advance.

Here's the ride:

z20401e6b.jpg

z6633ed48.jpg

My friends:

zea7e05cdj.jpg

Wow! Go figure, didn't know the Mark VIII's were that famous in Russia! Well, just to reassure what these gentlemen have just told you, YES, THEY FIT! Just make sure your upper & lower control arms are in GOOD condition. Otherwise the inside of the wheels will rub on your upper control arms. That's what happened to me with my 9" wide wheels. Other than that, you are clear!

No, It was an issues with air ride, but this didn't stopped me from going to local american cars fans meet.

It depends on the offset

I have 9" wheels in the front and 10" wheels in the rear

Hi Alexey, Its great to meet you. It's really nice seeing our Lincolns have a good following over in Russia. I never would have thought that! I also notice you guys have great taste with all the GEN1's. (thats a LVC rib to all the Gen2 guys:eek:) Good luck with your car and come here with any ?'s you might have.

Definitely a warm welcome Lunar! Nice to see you have a little crowd of Mark VIII enthusiasts around you. We have quite the crowd here too, so stay awhile! :D

No, it's a mistake in editing, lol.

I didn't knew that my other post with chameleon Mark already here, because it was in pre-moderation. Tried to delete new post...

So should I buy the wheels? Control arms should be ok and anyway I can always buy new arms, but I'm still not sure about rubbing.

You will be fine. I have bullits on mine, 18x9 fronts with 265/35/18 and rear 18x10 with 285/35/18 and don't have any rubbing issues.

And welcome!

I sold an oil pan to a chap from Moscow a while back. Nice to see so many VIII's in one place over there.

That's a beautiful wheels you have...

I sold an oil pan to a chap from Moscow a while back. Nice to see so many VIII's in one place over there.

We have a big car club dedicated to American cars and trucks. From 30's to new Mustangs. Mostly RWD+V8 beasts. Well, most of all other cars suck anyway. :D

Ok, so I think I decided to buy the wheels with 245-45-WR18 , thanks everyone. I have to try, in spite of the fact that everyone still says me that "9 is crazy. :confused:

He who doesn't risk doesn't drink champaign then - we say so. Because it's for winners.

Police over in Russia must all have eye problems. Those tags for the front and rear look like my local street signs. All good looking Gen 1's though. To the OP, check your hood stopper on the passengers side. It looks like it could be lowered a little bit and make your hood flush with the side and the front corner. Just a little something I noticed. :) Welcome btw!

Welcome Alexey, from Montana USA!

A beautiful Mark you've got there, I always get a thrill when I see our favorite cars being loved and driven so far away.

-Karl

Members online

No members online now.
Back