Is it possible to fit "9 wide wheels on a Mark?

If you are speaking in Mustang terms, you can put 2005 or later Mustang 9" rims on the rear with no issue, but you cannt put them on the front. If you put 9" from 2004 or earlier on the rear with 275's you will need to trim about half an inch off the rear fenders to keep them from rubbing, but the fronts have no problems. I know this from experience. All of this of course is predicated by the Mustang hub swap.

I have 18x9" in front, 18x10" out back with 275 rear tires.

2005 offset ...could have used a larger rear tire without issue

No trimming and no spacers

Thanks for the correction guys. I'm a little puzzled now. I heard that stock 17x8 rims from 05+ hits the UCA in the front with the 45mm offset. My '04 rims are 17x9 and 24mm offset and there is much less than 21mm space between the rim and UCA, so I don't see how that offset works. Do you know what offset the 05's you're talking about is?

If I go to American Muscle they show the 04 and 05 17x9 rims as having a 24mm offset. So with this setup, I had to trim the rear fenders 1/2" to get the tires to clear.

I do see some aftermarket 2005 mustang wheels listed as 30mm offset in the front for 9's and 50 in the back for 10's. Is this what you've got? 30mm is not the standard 2005+ offset though.

I heard that stock 17x8 rims from 05+ hits the UCA in the front with the 45mm offset.

you have about 6.5" of backspace in the front of a mark VIII.
a 17x8 wheel with a 45mm backspacing gives you 6.3 inches of backspacing.
therefore, it fits. although it would be tight.
so it would seem you heard wrong.

a 17x9 with an offset of 24 mm (like my 04 cobra wheels) gives you 6" of backspace. so you have even more room to clear the spindle.

the ideal offset for a mark viii is 36mm. the closer to that, the better, a 36 mm will fit up to a 9 inch wheel in front.
a 40 mm offset will fit a 10 inch wheel in the back.
both of these are without fender cutting or rolling. possibly minor trimming.

Last edited:
you have about 6.5" of backspace in the front of a mark VIII.
a 17x8 wheel with a 45mm backspacing gives you 6.3 inches of backspacing.
therefore, it fits. although it would be tight.
so it would seem you heard wrong.

a 17x9 with an offset of 24 mm (like my 04 cobra wheels) gives you 6" of backspace. so you have even more room to clear the spindle.

the ideal backspacing for a mark viii is 36mm. the closer to that, the better, a 36 mm will fit up to a 9 inch wheel in front.
a 40 mm offset will fit a 10 inch wheel in the back.
both of these are without fender cutting or rolling. possibly minor trimming.

Exactly right.

The 94-04 pattern sticks out further with the 2005 offset the wheel is flush, where its suppose to be.

Unfortunately I hadn't found this site when I was figuring what wheels would work. I couln't much definitive on markviii.org or sccoa.com (not that it wasn't there). But here is the thread that threw me. Of course it has a back spacking of 6.7" which is too much and hence was hitting.

http://www.markviii.org/htdocs/dc/d...ic_id=10596&mesg_id=10596&listing_type=search

Thanks for the info guys. Not sure if I would have different wheels but it would have been nice to know the 05's worked.

Finally bought. Will try to fit them in a couple of weeks.

IMAG1607.jpg

IMAG1608.jpg

IMAG1605.jpg

Oooh, those looks absolutley great! I want to see them on your car! :D

And welcome! Fun seeing more of us europeans here!

And welcome!

I sold an oil pan to a chap from Moscow a while back. Nice to see so many VIII's in one place over there.

Hi 94m5,

You sold the oil pan to me. It was installed on MARK and car run greate again!

Miha, you don't tell the others I bought the wheels! :D

They are now moving to me be sea freight.

Going to be a kind of surprise.

so i think i have made up my mind on which wheels im getting-

they are 18x9 30mm offset / 6.18" backspacing so i think i should be ok....?

Planning on doing all 4 wheels/tires the same so i can rotate.

Any chance of using 265x40x18 on all four corners? or no? should i stick to 255x40x18 on all 4?

I have seen someone on here run a 265 up front but they had a 25mm offset..

the 255 are 26" tall

the 265 are 26.3" tall

Also planning on lowering the car 1.25" - 1.5" on t-bird springs.

input?

Any chance of using 265x40x18 on all four corners? or no? should i stick to 255x40x18 on all 4?

the 255 are 26" tall

the 265 are 26.3" tall

input?

I think I would start a thread with that question because what you just asked can get complicated and get many responses in Lunar's thread.

the 255 are 26" tall

the 265 are 26.3" tall

input?

get your own thread.
you can run a 275 up front.

I think I would start a thread with that question because what you just asked can get complicated and get many responses in Lunar's thread.

do this.

Members online

No members online now.
Back