Is Jmod needed?

Johnmatthew13

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to order parts for the trans upgrade, cooler, and change to Mercron V. I am also going to get a tune (probably LMS). Would the J mod really be necessary and/or an advantage with the shift upgrade and tune with 35,000 miles? Thanks

Absolutely! You just can't imagine the feeling when your car shifts at wot and pushes you into the back seat. Don't worry, at slight acceleration it is just a nice quick shift that you may not even notice. You will need to be a little more careful on those icy/snowy days but you do get used to it.
I just got my 93 back from the shop and had just turned onto a road when I saw a new Porsche convertible coming towards me, I timed my 2nd gear shift to coincide with our passing, you should have seen his head swivel back over his shoulder to see what just put down second gear rubber as it went by him. I couldn't do that before the J-Mod.
Try it, you'll like it.

Absolutely! You just can't imagine the feeling when your car shifts at wot and pushes you into the back seat. Don't worry, at slight acceleration it is just a nice quick shift that you may not even notice. You will need to be a little more careful on those icy/snowy days but you do get used to it.
I just got my 93 back from the shop and had just turned onto a road when I saw a new Porsche convertible coming towards me, I timed my 2nd gear shift to coincide with our passing, you should have seen his head swivel back over his shoulder to see what just put down second gear rubber as it went by him. I couldn't do that before the J-Mod.
Try it, you'll like it.

Thanks guys. Now the search for a jmod friendly local shop begins...

Members online

No members online now.
Back