is there a door switch.

5at38off

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 ls sport with 6disc standard stereo. is there a switch in the door that allows the radio to play when you cut the car off till you open the door? Sometimes my radio will work normal and sometimes it cuts off when you cut the car off..

yes - IIRC - the accesories will play for 10mins after the turnning the car off unless you pull the door handlw - like you are exiting.

Actually, I believe that it is the front module controls the extended accessory power. Once the module receives a message that a door latch has been triggered, it then cuts the power.

I know how the sometimes can be with this car, but I'd pay attention to it. Any door handle will trigger the signal, so you'll have to pay attention to see if the passengers are opening their doors first.

I'm sure that there's a diagnostic check in the shop manual.

Nope, just the front doors. Back doors don't shut it off. Quik is right, 10 minutes, only after the door is open, not just pulling on the handle, open it really slowly the next time it works right and you'll feel it release just before shutting down.

Here is my limited experience with this subject.

2004 LS with in-dash 6 disc radio. The front module (or door module?) controls delayed power for the windows, but not for the radio. The radio actually has an input for the drivers' door switch and does its own delayed turn off.

2006 LS with DVD navigation. The front module (or door module?) controls both the delayed power for the windows and the delayed power for the radio/nav unit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back