ive already searched, but have fogged light ???'s

chrisclose

LVC Member
Reaction score
so i just bought the LS a couple of weeks ago, and the lights dont look like moisture, but instead like they are smudged. maybe the previous owner armouralled them or something. question is, am i just mistaken this look for what is actually moisture? it is most definately on the inside of the fixture. i dont want to take them out, go through the process of taking lights apart just to find out its not moisture and put crap lights back in until i can get some new ones. figure if im gonna do it might as well rid them of the amber lenses as well, this is essentially the same procedure right?

if you guys are not sure what im talking about ill post a pic tomorrow evening.

guys i also have fogged lights but i dont want to fix them until i take them apart to add angel eyes and to clear the corners, which sealants can i use to reseal them? and where can I buy them at? Thanks

I've never heard of it on the inside, but on previous cars and my dads bimmer, we used a plastic polisher thing. It was like 5 dollars you can get it at any auto store, worked like a charm. If you have HID lights in the fogs, or headlights, sometimes this wears the plastic on the headlights and can cause the foggy look, the only way to fix that is the plastic cleaner but it will constantly happen.

yeah smudging on the inside sounds strange to me too, but it doesnt look like moisture, so i have no idea. ill go get a pic right now.......

here, im not a professional photographer though, i havent mastered the art of taking pics of clear things and having them turn out good. the bottom part that looks foggy is just some kind of glare, only the top part stays that way!
DSC03325.jpg

Go to your local auto parts store and pick up a bottle of meguiars "Plastx" <Spelling is not correct It will probably clear that up

Go to your local auto parts store and pick up a bottle of meguiars "Plastx" <Spelling is not correct It will probably clear that up

will do, thanks!

:I I just used that PlastX stuff tonight and it cleared that smudgy mess right up. Take your time and work it into the plastic real good.

Everytime I wash and detail my car i use that stuf with a power ball. It works damn good.

Members online

Back