Jaguar S-Type Coilovers for LS

thoraxe

LVC Member
Reaction score
I found a note somewhere that someone was considering using the Jaguar S-Type KW coilovers on an LS. I am considering a... project... and it would be nice to know if they fit. If they require small modifications, I can do them. If it needs something more major, I have connections at KW and would likely be able to have them fabricated, and potentially create a kit.

At the very least, I'd like to know if they fit or what modifications are required. I'd rather hack on some KWs than try to fabricate a kit around the LEDA shocks.

Can someone please delete my other thread? Apparently I can't edit my own posts or change post topics.

I was looking into this a while back with the KW's.

They have them for the Jaguar S type R and also the Thunderbird.

I called them a while back and they were no help, at least the guy I was talking to.

If you look at the pic's of the KW on the install sheet thet look like they should fit, but for the price I was not going to attempt.

Thanks,

Do you remember who you spoke to?

If I can get the important measurements off of the LS I can send those to my associate at KW and see if I can get an answer. But, if I pick up a car soon, I might just be able to send the whole stock suspension to KW and let them mess with it.

down load the spec sheets from KW from the US site and German sites.
They have all the needed specs.

Replacement Dampers/Springs

I found a note somewhere that someone was considering using the Jaguar S-Type KW coilovers on an LS. I am considering a... project... and it would be nice to know if they fit. If they require small modifications, I can do them. If it needs something more major, I have connections at KW and would likely be able to have them fabricated, and potentially create a kit.

At the very least, I'd like to know if they fit or what modifications are required. I'd rather hack on some KWs than try to fabricate a kit around the LEDA shocks.

Can someone please delete my other thread? Apparently I can't edit my own posts or change post topics.

I have a modicum of connection with Koni. They would be willing to see what they could find in the parts bins to create dampers/springs if they had pictures and length & diameter measurements to work from. The end attachment points also would need to be addressed. I simply haven't got around to it. If you can supply any of the above, please get in touch with me.
KenS from Ben's place

KenS,

Thanks for the heads up. I have associates looking for a car at auction for me right now. As soon as I'm able to get a chassis and start gutting it, I wouldn't mind simply sending the entire stock suspension out to Koni if they would be willing to donate the product for testing purposes.

Koni

KenS,

Thanks for the heads up. I have associates looking for a car at auction for me right now. As soon as I'm able to get a chassis and start gutting it, I wouldn't mind simply sending the entire stock suspension out to Koni if they would be willing to donate the product for testing purposes.

Sorry to take so long to answer. I just noticed your reply five minutes ago. The result of my research will be going on my Land Speed car. On the other hand, you could probably get duplicates of what we come up with. They wouldn't need actual pieces. Thanks for the offer.
KenS from Ben's Place

Have you answered the question on weither the Jag shock fit the LS? I heard somewhere that the mounting point were different.

I don't believe that anyone involved in this thread has reached a definitive answer yet. I am still looking for a chassis. I'm trying to, through a friend who is a registered car dealer, find an inoperable LS (blown motor or trans). I'd also take a theft recovery as long as the chassis was straight.

As I'm in Georgia there are many race shops around. I may just end up bringing the stock shocks/springs to a fabrication shop and ask them to make a set of coilovers. At that point I'd be happy to offer them to the LS community, but the time frame we're looking at appears to be somewhere far in the future with no definitive date in site -- don't get our hopes up yet :(

I will check the mounting points this weekend.
i have a 06 ls v8 and my brother now has a 05 s type r.

Please mp me on or e-mail me if you need specific differences.

josip@mesic.org.

I've established to my own satisfaction that the mounts are not something available direct from any race shock company. It will be necessary to construct an interface for at least one end of the shock that'll take the race shock end and provide an attachment for the car.
KS

What about just knowing if the Bilstein shocks are same dimensions??? I have been emailing a lot of suspension companies with no good answers. Last one I tried was Monroe since they make shocks for the LS and the S-type and was wondring if they could give me dimensions or an idea of why they might be different. If you go on Monroe's websight and view the picture of the 71366 and 71344 shocks they look very similar except the plate that the spring sits on, which still should work. I think the Eibach spring listing is the same for both cars??

Bugging the crap outta me cause I really need something more firm up front than the Euro's I already have

just go buy a monroe shock for each car and compare on your own.

Return them when you're done!

Members online

No members online now.
Back