Just Bought New Rims (PICS INSIDE)

Fine. It's just that when I think of a muscle car, I definitely don't think Mark VIII. And when I think of a Mark VIII, I would never use the term 'muscle car' to describe it. To each their own.

A Mustang is not a muscle car.

A Camaro is not a muscle car.

A T/A is not a muscle car.

All three are pony cars, not muscle cars. Make sure you have properly identified a muscle car before criticizing another's identification. ;)

I would have to completly disagree with you too.

Pony cars and Muscle cars are the same thing in most instances, the Camaro and Mustang are at the heart of the Muslce car era. You can call them Pony cars but they are also muscle cars through and through.

I would have to completly disagree with you too.

Pony cars and Muscle cars are the same thing in most instances, the Camaro and Mustang are at the heart of the Muslce car era. You can call them Pony cars but they are also muscle cars through and through.

Wrong.

A muscle car was a car with a very powerful (and usually large) engine that made no sacrifices in size, comfortability, options, trunk space, etc etc and were designed almost exclusively for straight line performance. The first muscle car was the Chrysler 300, and the next was the Chevrolet Impala.

This sharp differentiation came about because up until then, power only came in a small package.

The Mustang, Camaro, and T/A, with their tiny little forms, and back seats that couldn't seat an infant hardly qualify as muscle cars. The fact that there were made with packages that homologated them exclusively for road racing is a big disqualifier too.

All three cars came at the tail end of the muscle car era. When the Hemi, Cammer, 409, Wedge, and most of the other legendary muscle car engines came out, the Mustang hadn't even been released.

I don't think that those are snow tires ? If it was me I'd keep stock rims in the winter.

very nice .

Mark VIII = muscle car

Wrong.

A muscle car was a car with a very powerful (and usually large) engine that made no sacrifices in size, comfortability, options, trunk space, etc etc and were designed almost exclusively for straight line performance. The first muscle car was the Chrysler 300, and the next was the Chevrolet Impala.

This sharp differentiation came about because up until then, power only came in a small package.

The Mustang, Camaro, and T/A, with their tiny little forms, and back seats that couldn't seat an infant hardly qualify as muscle cars. The fact that there were made with packages that homologated them exclusively for road racing is a big disqualifier too.

All three cars came at the tail end of the muscle car era. When the Hemi, Cammer, 409, Wedge, and most of the other legendary muscle car engines came out, the Mustang hadn't even been released.

I would chalenge you to find any two experts that agree on the first "Muscle" Car. Some people says it's the Hudson Hornet, others say it's the Impala, and a dozen others.

The only thing that I can say is the Mark VIII is not a muscle car, plain and simple.

^^^^ +1

and

LSC is a trim/option package contrary to popular belief.

Yes it is an upgraded trim package on 95-98 Mark VIII's. It is also the best way to sum up what a Mark VIII is.

Luxury, Leather, airide, etc.

Sport, quad cam engine, rear wheel drive, etc.

Coupe, it is a two door coupe body style.

I normally stay out of these discussions, but on this one I need to jump in.

Pony cars are not technically muscle cars. That doesn't make them any less badass. They just are in their own category. I thought it was very cool to see a definition of " muscle car". It basically confirmed everything I learned growing up as to what a muscle car is. I bought my Mark VIII specifically because I wanted a modern muscle car.

The Mark VIII is a "modern"(albeit out of production) muscle car.

Yes it is an upgraded trim package on 95-98 Mark VIII's. It is also the best way to sum up what a Mark VIII is.

Luxury, Leather, airide, etc.

Sport, quad cam engine, rear wheel drive, etc.

Coupe, it is a two door coupe body style.

So what God gave you the right to categorze automobiles? I'm glad you have an opinion, but it's worth about as much as my period key.

You are catagorizing the cars too, so I'm just geussing that you like your opinion better than mine.

I guess my definition of a Muscle Car is diffierent than yours, I will continue with my incorect thinking and keep on calling Mustangs and Camaros Muscle Cars.

You are catagorizing the cars too, so I'm just geussing that you like your opinion better than mine.

I guess my definition of a Muscle Car is diffierent than yours, I will continue with my incorect thinking and keep on calling Mustangs and Camaros Muscle Cars.

I backed mine up with a respected and trusted source of information. I have seen no specific citing in your post of such materials, merely your opinion.

care to get *owned* some more?

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/general/musclecars-definition.shtml

Like I said there are a lot of people with a lot of different veiws of what a muscle car is. I'm sure I could come up with a scource saying that Mustangs and Camaro's are Muscle cars for every scource you have that says they are not.

I really think at this point we should agree to disagree, and then continue talking about Mark VIII's which are beautiful cars no matter what you want to call them.

The rims are ugly.

The Mark VIII is a far cry from a muscle car.

Mustangs/Camaros are pony cars.

Paul.

those rims oops i meant WHEELS! lmao look damn good on your car. lowering it will set it off even more. i think it really shows the car off especially how the trim and grill accents it. good luck with it and take the rims .. damn there i go again i meant WHEELS!!!! of until the summer time rolls in...

I think the rims look great on it!! Yea, it needs to be lowed just a little. I think the rims make it look like a whole new car!! Good Luck!

those rims oops i meant WHEELS! lmao look damn good on your car. lowering it will set it off even more. i think it really shows the car off especially how the trim and grill accents it. good luck with it and take the rims .. damn there i go again i meant WHEELS!!!! of until the summer time rolls in...

I chuckled.

Members online

No members online now.
Back