Just for a laugh

"He'll get you off of the line, having lots of torque and an auto trans."

we got torque down low???? :confused: .............lolol :D

if the Mark is in good running condition, i think the civic will have a good take off and the Mark will reel it in, people have no idea the DOHC likes to rev..........

The civic will take it to 60 but the second half of the track it will get reeled if the mark is in proper working condition.

this was on their forum made me laugh: Please shift when it goes solid RED, not when it blinks. You will fall out of VTEC if you do...

Fall out of vtec!

I took a honda guy for a drive in my car once and he swore it had vtec. I was about to tell him it was intake secondaries, but well, I let him think what he wanted.

My mark ran low on vtec fluid the other day... so i topped that :q:q:q:q off and gained like 20hp yo.

Ok I just read the thread and Im baffled.... How will a car 100K+ miles automatically lose compression..

There is nothing I can say in there, so Im staying out of the cub den so I dont hurt alot of feeling over there.

Wellllll... Carbon build up means + compression.

Grooved cylinder walls = - compression and blow by and nice stuff.

I hypothesize the short blocks on these cars are good for 300k+ if taken care of. The top end doesn't have quite as much life. If anything, that motor is warn in nicely and making good power, if properly maintained. The rest of it (cough 4R70W) may have seen better days.

Wellllll... Carbon build up means + compression.

Grooved cylinder walls = - compression and blow by and nice stuff.

I hypothesize the short blocks on these cars are good for 300k+ if taken care of. The top end doesn't have quite as much life. If anything, that motor is warn in nicely and making good power, if properly maintained. The rest of it (cough 4R70W) may have seen better days.

Right, and I can agree. But to say such an outlandish comment with no basis... I would go out on a limb and say with the miles on it, the motor is broken in finally and ready to terrorize a civic. 1990's technology vs 2006+ technology.

they have the results posted..............

guess the Mark aint running right :confused: ...........i can beat my friends modded 01 Prelude, and im pretty sure theyre way lighter than the new civics with the same hp stock................

15.9 eh? damn...

Assuming all is true, that Civic ran an impressive time.

That is a little slow even for a Gen2, but the Civic is right on the money, even from the start I thought the civic would win even if the Mark ran tip top.

dam i cant belive the mk8 did that bad! mine feels faster than that.lol i would love race that kid with my stock HHR SS.

Its a 95 Mark VIII so its not even a Gen II. He really put us down with a 15.9, I mean a Town Car can keep up with that time.

Considering that my bone stock 94 ran 15.9 at a track well over a mile above sea level, something isn't right with that Mark. And considering they're in Phoenix metro, they ran at Firebird or Speedworld. My friend's bone stock 120k mile 96 was running 15 flats at Speedworld in the middle of summer. Yeah...

wow. that's purty bad. 15.9?

I know off the bat that the K20a motor in the civic is not to be reckoned with, but itself like the Acura RSX is offset by its body weight and wouldn't stand a chance against a Mk8.. even if bone stock. I know this, I'm asian. lol

bad representative for the Mark.

Members online

No members online now.
Back