Just got my first vIII

invisiblem0nst3r

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
so i just baught my first lincoln mark vIII its an 93 pearl white gray int. eibach conversion springs 170,000 miles paint is in great condition a/c heater for 1500 was this a good buy? and can someone tell me how i can get rid of some of the stock intake mess going on under the hood ...THANKS
MARTIN W.

viii.jpg

congrats on the car... welcome to the site.. what intake mess are you talking about? the beauty covers that say lincoln mark viii on them? or something else?

LOL.

Hard to tell if its a good buy.
Need more pics.
But don't think you were raped.

at 170k i would think the trans has been replaced, wich would be a good thing...these motors are bulletproof btw. the ext looks super clean. anywhere from 1250-1500 is a good price for a car in that condition.

Welcome to LVC!!!! Looks to be a fair price for the car. These cars are fun to drive and even funner to work on. :cool:

at 170k i would think the trans has been replaced, wich would be a good thing...these motors are bulletproof btw. the ext looks super clean. anywhere from 1250-1500 is a good price for a car in that condition.

I don't agree with that ... I have 3 Mark VIII's all over 170K only one have I rebuilt the tranny on ... my 93 with 230,000 still on the original tranny.

Ah yeah, the swiss-cheese airbox mod.

Screw the drilling out of the air box ... not worth the hassle ... don't do it ... no real gain ...

No real gain on the air box unless you get the smoothed tube from uuhhhhhhhh..........Geno I think. Check lincolnmotorsports.com. I paid 1300 for my first 95 not the chamelion. It had around 165000 miles and was in great condition and coil converted already. Love that car. I did have to rebuild the tranny a year later though. Love the car and it will take care of you. But remember it is a Lincoln it loves dealer parts.

SWEET!!! Looks like the Mark i used to have, i had a 93 also. They are the quickest of them all, even my 1996 LSC with 3.27 gearing feels a tad bit slower then when i had my 93.

here you go new pics of the new mk8

here you guys go let me know how much you guys would pay for this

mark 8 01.jpg

mark 8 02.jpg

mark 8 03.jpg

mark 8 04.jpg

Very nice ride. Good price too. These are very addictive, I bought mine only 5-6 months ago and I am always tinkering with it and wanting more, just a few more, of various years, maybe a couple more in different colors.
I've even got my wife eyeballin' backyards for Marks now, I think she wants one of her own, but not until I get all mine.

Welcome!!!!

A Mazdaspeed3 (turbo 6 speed 263hp) will SMOKE ANY Mark 8......but a Mazda 6....????

Even run, no one gaining a car length i would assume.

Forgot to mention.....

If you run from a 30mph start...the Mark will SLAUGHTER THE MAZDA!!!!

From a Stop it would be about even, given the Mark's weight and 3.08 Gears.

If you put 4.30 gears in the Mark, it would run mid to low 14's.........leaving the Mazda in the DUST!!!!

Nice car my man. Send that sunshine up here. For performance parts.........look at jegs and summit. You just need to know what you want... How you say do I know what will work with the mark 8????? Use search Use google and use youtube even to learn about these cars. Also try the technical part of Lincolnsofdistinction.com. And have fun.

If you put 4.30 gears in the Mark, it would run mid to low 14's.........leaving the Mazda in the DUST!!!!

If he has it tuned up good and the rest of the mechanicals are up to snuff it should run mid 14's stock.

And also plus 10000 on the moonroof I soaked a girl on a night out cause I wanted the car to look good when she saw it at the resturant. Ruined that night.:(

Members online

No members online now.
Back