Just got my microheat (heated windshield washer fluid) kit.

Ken, Ken, Ken. you really have to stop. this is getting pretty funny thought. i love how u dont stop going on about it and make other statements to back up your claim. keep it up. ill support these stupid @$$ threads only if u make em funny.you should post these in the anything goes forum. people wont be as harsh and critical about em

SilverLS said:
HOT WATER BREAKS COLD GLASS!!!!If I remember my Science class.....LOL I thought that is why the LS had heated WIPERS!!!! LOL I wouldnt pay more than 29.99 for that crap.....Then again I live in FL and if there is ever Ice on my windshield that means 1) Im up before 4:30 (in the winter) and 2) then all I have to do is turn on the wipers and spray some of the COOL BLUE WASHER FLUID!! LOL

Do you really think the company would market a product that cracked windshields? And do you further think GM would buy this product and make this device available on its new Buick Lucerne and Cadillac DTS if it cracked windshields? I think not.

In fact, the company's own FAQ addresses your "concern":

Will HotShot damage my windshield?

No, HotShot will not damage your windshield. Extensive tests by Microheat's engineers and automobile manufacturers have proven that HotShot will not crack, shatter, or in any way damage windshield glass.

I guess that settles the matter. If it's good enough for GM's best new cars, it should be good enough for your ride.

Oh, one more thing. The LS does NOT have heated wipers. It has heated wiper RESTS. There's a big difference.

Now about that (highly illegal) tinting on your windshield..... :D

itsnotmydaddys said:
Ken, Ken, Ken. you really have to stop. this is getting pretty funny thought. i love how u dont stop going on about it and make other statements to back up your claim. keep it up. ill support these stupid @$$ threads only if u make em funny.you should post these in the anything goes forum. people wont be as harsh and critical about em

And how do you come to these conclusions?? There is a website that advertises and sells the product he mentions, and GM is using it as OEM equipment. Looks legit to me. What's your beef?

ok now u have me confused. ken is not being serious about this. he did not install this. he has a tendency of making up BS thread and getting people all wrolled up of em. i dont have any beef over this. i personaly love his threads.
i know this product exists, im not denying that, tell me where i did. im simply saying that he should post these in the anything goes forum. u may want to reread my post b4 u start drawing to conclusions.
Think long and hard about this toddg. the man lives in AZ and he installed a heated washer fluid thing. ummm....sound a little stupid to you. also he installed spinning exhaust tips to increase his HP by 30 HP. do u see what im saying now.

ToddG said:
Oh, one more thing. The LS does NOT have heated wipers. It has heated wiper RESTS. There's a big difference.

Now about that (highly illegal) tinting on your windshield..... :D

Ok but what is the purpose of these???? Is in not to keep your wipers from freezing to the window??? Thats my point....What temp. does the washer fluid freeze at.... Also Why is it that YOU HAVE TO BRING UP MY F*CKING WINDSHIELD YOUR NOT MY MOTHER AND I DID NOT SAY DO YOU THINK I CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS.....I KNOW ITS ILLEGAL BUT (I WANTED IT FOR SAFETY AND PRIVACY) Is your car 100% STREET LEGAL???? If so Im Proud of you if not GO FU*K your self thinking about my windshield Im so f*cking sick of hearing how bad of a person I am for having done this and now ive fu(k myself out of a chance of getting a job and if I do get a job how Im going to be " A BAD EMT" Thanks again for another BS thread!!!!! If you dont like me or my car dont read my thread or post anything about me I dont need to hear anything negative about my car !!!! I posted picks because I did it and others wanted to know about it!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my faul mouth and my pissed off nature but Im sick of dumbass people talking MAD SH!T

Have a very NICE and SAFE new years!!!

DAYYYYYUUUUMMMM!!!!!! nicely said silver. everyones intilted to do what they want and how they want to their own property. thats why were all members here, to show what all weve done and share all the troubles this car has.
and silver i know u dont play that ps2 or watch tv at the same time. thats highly illegal you know. (just fcuking with you)

itsnotmydaddys said:
DAYYYYYUUUUMMMM!!!!!! nicely said silver. everyones intilted to do what they want and how they want to their own property. thats why were all members here, to show what all weve done and share all the troubles this car has.

I agree! Do whatever you like to YOUR car, everyone else can kiss it unless they are dropping you some $$$$ to pay for it. It's amazing how brave people get online. Kind of like those people who are only brave when they've had alcohol.

What's up with windshield tint?? Everybody does whatever they want to their cars, it is nobody's business to mess around with somebody elses car.

Matter of fact, I am gonna tint my windshield soon too. Why? Because I like it that way.

Ken Motz, I am sorry for being off of your topic, but I am in California and we don't have cold weather here, so that's why I don't know much about that windshield fluid.

I am like this in person and I know its not the best way to make friends but Im not fake and I dont like people being fake around me.....If you dont like me then I dont want you to act like your my best friend....If I dont like you im not gonna hang out with you....LOL I agree because Im on other forums with some local guys and they will talk mad :q:q:q:q untill it comes time to put up they just shut up and walk away......

As for the TV and PS2 Why cant I play it while driving 110 down I-4 talking on the cell phone and eating breakfast and reading the paper and sippin on a 40 of beer......LOL I know I could get along with you "itsnotmydaddys" you seem like a cool guy.... and I LOVE you LS did you ever tint the tail lights....

SilverLS said:
I am like this in person and I know its not the best way to make friends but Im not fake and I dont like people being fake around me.....If you dont like me then I dont want you to act like your my best friend....If I dont like you im not gonna hang out with you....LOL I agree because Im on other forums with some local guys and they will talk mad :q:q:q:q untill it comes time to put up they just shut up and walk away......

As for the TV and PS2 Why cant I play it while driving 110 down I-4 talking on the cell phone and eating breakfast and reading the paper and sippin on a 40 of beer......LOL I know I could get along with you "itsnotmydaddys" you seem like a cool guy.... and I LOVE you LS did you ever tint the tail lights....

Like I said man, until someone offers to give you some cash for mods their opinion doesn't count unless you ask them for it.

itsnotmydaddys said:
ok now u have me confused. ken is not being serious about this. he did not install this.
How do you know this? Have you seen his car?

itsnotmydaddys said:
he has a tendency of making up BS thread and getting people all wrolled up of em. i dont have any beef over this. i personaly love his threads.
Yeah, but his BS threads are normally so completely absurd that nobody (who knows better) can take them seriously. That's not the case here.

itsnotmydaddys said:
i know this product exists, im not denying that, tell me where i did. im simply saying that he should post these in the anything goes forum. u may want to reread my post b4 u start drawing to conclusions.
Think long and hard about this toddg. the man lives in AZ and he installed a heated washer fluid thing. ummm....sound a little stupid to you. also he installed spinning exhaust tips to increase his HP by 30 HP. do u see what im saying now.
You don't have to live in a cold climate to find these useful. Aside from being effective at de-icing/defrosting, water borne solvents (like washer fluid) are more effective when heated than when used cold. Why do you think you use hot water to wash dishes, even in Florida and Arizona?

The point is that you've run up the BS flag when it's not necessarily appropriate--the fact that Ken has posted absurd things in the past does not mean that this is also BS.

Also, unlike his true BS threads, this is an actual legit product that could be tremendously useful to lots of people. That sounds like something worth discussing here, not in the "anything goes" forum that not everybody checks...

HELLO_ imnot saying anything about this product. im sure its great i could use it here in STL. all im saying is people get their panties in a bunch over kens threads. i find it funny. people have stated above that kens full of it; just like they did about his spinning exhaust. and once again he doesnt deny the thread being BS, he just keeps going on about it. I love this guys sense of humor and much props to him geting you guys to believe him. but until he posts pics or shows some reciepts im gonna take theis thread as BS. i dont need proof, the proofs in the pudding (or some :q:q:q:q like that). Why the hell is everyone getting all wound up over this. almost a new year and we got this stupid ass thread getting old members talking :q:q:q:q to each other. KEN MOTZ shoe some proof of u having this product and ill take everything back and agologize to anyone who wants an apology.

No, not stupid at all. SoonerLS made all the points I was going to make, so I won't repeat them here. And who cares if he puts spinning exhaust tips? It's HIS car, he can do what he wants with it.

Daddys, did you ever stop to think there are some places in AZ where it gets cold and frost forms on a windshield? Did you ever stop to think there may be other uses for hot windshield washer fluid beyond simply removing frost? Consider this your first lesson in expanding your mind beyond the confines of your skull. :D

I thought this would be of interest to other people? I installed it because I thought it was cool. Just another mod that looks like a factory option. This is the same unit GM is installing on 1000's of 2005-06 vehicles. Tempered glass does NOT break with hot water applied...end of story. If you read the web site you'll see that FORD is putting them on all Crown Vics that are sold for municipal use (cop cars) starting in 2006, as standard equipment. GM is adding them to 5 vehicles in 2006. If you live in cold weather it would be a great mod. It just superheats the water on the way to the nozzles...nothing more, nothing less. It does look cool to see steam shooting out of the squirters! And it does clean the windshield off in about 2 seconds!! 3 swipes with the hotwater and everything is cleaned off the windshield!

Tomorrow I'm installing the motorized rear deck sun visor I bought from Lexus! I'm sure I'll get a bunch of :q:q:q:q over that mod too!!

Ken How are you planning to install the sun visor....Do you have to cut the rear deck? As for the heated washer fluid I want to say Im sorry for thinking your were just being stupid ..... Im sorry for the crap I said...... IIRC You posted about this sun shade already (the guy had the F***K YOU on it (LOL) I think that they are a great ideal I know a guy the the new E-class and I love it..... My apologies once again

Ken Motz said:
It just superheats the water on the way to the nozzles...nothing more, nothing less. It does look cool to see steam shooting out of the squirters!
Actually it only heats the water to 145F which is very critical for glass breakage. And it only sends the washer solvent out in 'pulses' initially. Like every 6 to 8 seconds. And then applies more fluid later on.

The system just doesn't open up and shoot tons of steaming hot boiling water on the windshield.

Depending on the type of controller, which is what they are selling as a safer means of applying the liquid, systems can be had for $50 or you could make your own at home using the heater hoses. Of course that won't work at startup below freezing now will it?

Google is a great thing. Some of uz guys ought to try it.

Benz has it, Buick has it. Cadillac has it. Ford is looking at it.

Am I bored or what? I live in Atlanta and my car is garaged and yet I still read this thread... :Bang

Ken Motz said:
I thought this would be of interest to other people? Tomorrow I'm installing the motorized rear deck sun visor I bought from Lexus! I'm sure I'll get a bunch of :q:q:q:q over that mod too!!

Don't mean to be hard on you - but you have started your share of silly threads.... It's hard to know when you are serious and actually doing something. I hope you actually get this working.

Ken Motz said:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=15897

I also added new TURBO exhaust tips this weekend!
I put a set of these on the LS today. Immediatly noticed a 3-7 HP increase. They sound great!
And one last thing! I'm going to add the XS Engineering "grounding kit" to the car and add another 8 hp!
I'll be dynoing the grounding kit this saturday. I'm installing it now.It was funny that the THREAD got over 1000 views and was the most popular thread on the site for two days! Also, some cool debate over physics and quantum mechanics by many site regulars......all over a pin wheel!
All in good fun! Thanks guys!

Ken Motz said:

Ken Motz said:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=14717
New LS Supercharger! Shipping now! I'm buying this today!
This solves the LS supercharger issue once and for all!

Ken Motz said:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=13833
Electric supercharger. Topic revisited. New idea!!

quik - get off your computer and get to work on that s/c!

Quik LS said:
It's hard to know when you are serious and actually doing something.

I think he started out thinking it is a joke but I know guys that did the home-made job and wrapped tubing around the radiator hose to heat up the washer fluid. Warmer does work better.

Just wait guys. I am working on a new product for you LS guys. Can't wait to see the fight that ensues over it. LOL.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. Our pissing contest over this wasn't nearly as good as the pissing contest over on the cadillac forums site.

itsnotmydaddys said:
LOOKS LIKE SOME ONE HAD BETTER DO SOME RESEARCH ON WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE OPENING FOOT AND INSERTING MOUTH AND PROVING THEMSELF IDOT JD

what the hell r u talking about. i said i like his thread and theyre funny, i like how he keeps goin on with them. what research do i need to do. again what the hell is up with everyone getting all defensive about this. all im saying is i dont believe that he has this done. like quikls posted above ken has a tendency to pull our legs and gets people believing his little mods, so again im gonna ask what the hell r u talking about. im done with the thread. and have a HAPPY NEW YEARS

Ahhhh!! I didn't know Ken was a trickster, I know he is not a LVC HOTTIE!!!

OK Ken PICS!! post one of you in the drivers seat with the nice hot stream hitting your windshield!!!!!

MsM8

Members online

No members online now.
Back