just had a little fun with a gtp..

blacked03ls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
caught a grand prix gtp dude and his girl at the light tonight but he didnt see me right away so we couldn't go off the line. At about 30mph he see's me and we both hit around the same time, we were pretty much dead even but i could see my self inching. About 80 i let off and of course he kept on speeding. First little bit of fun on the street with the ls :)

I raced a slightly done up GT when I had mine, pretty much left him kissing my tails. Gotta watch the GTP's though, some nasty ones out there.

is your ls a v8. if so you should have not been that close or atleast i wouldnt think so?

GTP's can run w/ a V8 LS pretty easily. Not sure about the 280Hp ones though. Got a few friends w/ them(gtp's that is).

anything with the 3800 series 2 supercharged engine has some get up.(gtp, regal gs, bonneville, impala ss, etc). my old 98 regal gs was stock with the exception of a few free mods, but was definitely a sleeper. a lot of people dont realize that the regal gs and the impala ss have the same engine the gtp has. they make so much for those cars its not even funny. they make turbocharger kits for a car that came supercharged from the factory lol. good stuff.

^ Yea, I got in a regal once(friends, also had a gtp) and wow, I was like "dude, holy smokes." Got out after and looked under the hood, was very nice. Total sleeper, he said he liked driving it more then his new gtp(at the time).

why did they have to build such an ugly (gtp, regal gs, bonneville, impala ss, etc) body around a such a decent performance motor?

Lol, why did they put such a slow low powered motor in a decent looking lux sedan haha

Actually...
The Ls has AMAZING looks...
As far as my 02 goes-252 horse out of 238 cubes is pretty damn good.
JUst typical ford in that its less out the gate compared to everyone else.
But by its self , its respectable.Even the fabled 289 hi-po wasn't close to a horse per cube@271(No i'm not puttin my 238 above a 289!)
There is one thing Ford does seem to know , and we all saw this in the "5.0" years.It doesn't have to be the most powerful to sell.The camaro/firebird never matched the mustang in sales even combined , even tho they were faster and more powerful(Before mods..)
But I'll remember the GTP next time i see one!(And the impala , and the lexus , and the.....):}

seems people forget a luxury sedan isnt about power. the extra power is a bonus. you want power get a sports car.

Well today it seems power and lux are kinda a given. But you need good power to move the massive lux's of today, obese is a better word I guess lol.

LOL, its not the heaviest of the heavy so that is a plus.

why didn't ford just put the 4.6 sohc in the ls. wouldn't it have been cheaper since it was already in production? we would have all kinds of blower and turbo options.

why didn't ford just put the 4.6 sohc in the ls. wouldn't it have been cheaper since it was already in production? we would have all kinds of blower and turbo options.

That's great if you want less horsepower and less torque (at least until the 3-valves came out). That engine is a HUGE engine in the amount of space it takes up and you'd be hard pressed to get it to fit under the hood of an LS.

sorry i was in tampa for a few days. while i was down there i only saw TWO ls's! i was shocked thinking i'd see more. anyway to answer the questions i was in auto and yes mine is a v8 and a quick snappy one at that.

That's great if you want less horsepower and less torque (at least until the 3-valves came out). That engine is a HUGE engine in the amount of space it takes up and you'd be hard pressed to get it to fit under the hood of an LS.
The 4.6 will fit in the LS's engine bay. The problem is that it has to be top-loaded into the LS, which is a non-starter from a production line perspective.

Members online

No members online now.
Back