Just intalled: Flowmasters. Pics...

pwr2killayak

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Just installed my new exhaust. Flowmaster 40series delta mufflers w/ removed resonators and magnaflow tips(i liked them the best). Heres some pics. Sound w/ just mufflers wasnt lound enough so i removed the resonators. It sounds good but its a little loud in the cabin at like 1100-1600 rpm. Its a low deep tone at those rpm but its a little louder than i would have liked. Anyways, heres the pics...

5y87ibb.gif

5yskpol.gif

6co7lvo.gif

4ytrua9.gif

4t9hrau.gif

6az3h34.gif

4ozg2s6.gif

as you can see the shop didnt have the tips even after installing the mufflers so i went back and had them fix that and remove the resonators.

6bdb6zo.gif

6gjagkz.gif

5x5b820.gif

6hhuzy1.gif

sound clips coming as soon as soon as i get some good ones...

looks good man, wish i had the money to do that.

any power differnece?

Do the 6 cyls have dual exhaust? [/offtopic]

Looks good. I like the tips. They probably would've been my choice as well. I think a flow master 40 would be just too loud for an LS though. I prefer to have a subdued exhaust sound under light and moderate throttle, but have it open up and really scream under WOT.

Id love to hear a sound clip though.

Yea, V6 has dual exhaust as well. I am not sure, but I think it is exactly the same as the one from V8.

does just adding the mufflers give the car that low deep sound? instead of just doing all the pipe work? if so i would just do that, but maybe wouldn't do the resonators.

does just adding the mufflers give the car that low deep sound? instead of just doing all the pipe work? if so i would just do that, but maybe wouldn't do the resonators.

You might want to try just removing the resonators... should make a decent difference

Are people doing mufflers do the v6s? if so which type are they going for? I am curious...

mine is a v8* (check sig). the sound is pretty good. power difference? well it certainly makes me want to drive faster... it does feel a little more peppy but the main reason i did it was for the sound. i wanted to be able to hear my car when i start it. i accomplished that w/ the flows and removed resonators...

mine is a v8* (check sig). the sound is pretty good. power difference? well it certainly makes me want to drive faster... it does feel a little more peppy but the main reason i did it was for the sound. i wanted to be able to hear my car when i start it. i accomplished that w/ the flows and removed resonators...

but is it too loud? does it have that high whine when it's at higher rpm's? i just don't want to do this and it sounds like a ricer car. i want a low rumble on idle and a low american car sound on take off. how much for the whole set-up?

Members online

Back