just joined the ls league

bottlefed281

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey all, jus traded my wrangler off for a 2000 ls...always been kinda into these cars but never owned....proud to say i do now and ive been reading around here the last couple weeks gettin some ins and outs about the car....so hi all and sure i will have some posts sooner or later

ls.jpg

ls1.jpg

ls2.jpg

yeah been lookin thru here for some hid info and some cleaning tips...been rained out all week shouldve tore into them...kinda thinkin im goin to try and find some used ones and do the led rings and maybe hid's all at the same time then swap em out then have anther set to clean and work on

yeah been lookin thru here for some hid info and some cleaning tips...been rained out all week shouldve tore into them...kinda thinkin im goin to try and find some used ones and do the led rings and maybe hid's all at the same time then swap em out then have anther set to clean and work on

Thats what i'm working on right now :D. If I get it done I can sell you my set.

Just go to AutoZone and get one of those kits to clean it or any good detail place will do it all you need is some compound and buff it out, as far as the hid I have factory on top and aftermarket on the bottom so it's a nice clean look, what you have to do is this go get a customs shop to do the work for you and have them guarantee the lights so if they mess up you get a new set, I'm doing that when I get the angel eyes since the hid factory head lights are 600 each

Welcome.:) Interior mod you might want to consider. Center console swap. Get rid of the ugly "ninja" flip up cup holder.

thanks all for the welcome...the cup holder thing has my attn....ive read thru some threads and have read thru some more threads...been like 10 pages deep in them readin some here and there....remember seein one bout the cup holder but the link to ebay was of course dead (hard to tell how old the original thread was...i was in deep..lol) but somethin i would like....and kaball what are you sellin headlight wise??? tore into the front doors today to change the speakers...the pass. side was blown...they came from wally world but have to be an upgrade from stock...another question...the clock spring...bout 150??? is that bout right for a new one...guessin mines bad from readin around....no cruise, radio control, and blinkers i have to turn off manually..other than that my factory radio lights are on the fritz...work when they want to, but thinkin im goin to get a double din head unit to fill the hol

If u decide u want a gen 1 "updated" cupholder, I know where one is but it is black and has been exposed to the sun. In other words, it will need painted. We can work out payment and shipment arrangements via private message(pm) if u truly are interested. Paypal is the preferred method of payment for most here. One good thing, I noticed those Ohio plates and I am from Southern Ohio. Shipping would be cheaper.

Just let me know.

where in southern ohio? im in pomeroy...amyone got details or pics of the gen II cup holder...is it a direct swap?

thanks all for the welcome...the cup holder thing has my attn....ive read thru some threads and have read thru some more threads...been like 10 pages deep in them readin some here and there....remember seein one bout the cup holder but the link to ebay was of course dead (hard to tell how old the original thread was...i was in deep..lol) but somethin i would like....and kaball what are you sellin headlight wise??? tore into the front doors today to change the speakers...the pass. side was blown...they came from wally world but have to be an upgrade from stock...another question...the clock spring...bout 150??? is that bout right for a new one...guessin mines bad from readin around....no cruise, radio control, and blinkers i have to turn off manually..other than that my factory radio lights are on the fritz...work when they want to, but thinkin im goin to get a double din head unit to fill the hol

Search ebay for "Lincoln LS Center Console". You want a 2001 or 2002. If you buy the entire console there will be no hint that a swap was made. If you buy only the top of the console there will be a slight gap between it and the base where the flip-up cupholder used to be, on the passenger side. I don't think most people notice the gap. One of the old threads on this topic has a picture in it.

The clock spring can be purchased from max for a little less that that----- (check side ads), yes, theres a good chance SOME of your steering wheel problems are related to it....your turn signal on the other hand is not your clock spring.... most likely the turn signal arm will need to be replaced (possibly)... although i've never heard of this going out on a LS....

Thanks all for the welcome...I've read thru some threads and have been like 10 pages in readin some here and there...funny the cup holder was mentioned...read it today bout an item on ebay but the link was dead..if I could get some more info on getting rid of my "ninja" cup holder for somethin else I would be all for it...tore into the front doors and replaced both front speakers..will do the back later..had one blown..as far as lights I've seen some good setups and different ones not sure what direction I'm goin to shoot for...I really like the angel eye..what u got headlight wise to sell kaball?

I'm waiting for all the parts to come in now but I plan on a projector retrofit with angel eyes and led signals. Once i finish with those I can sell you the stock set I have. They are gen 1 totally stock.

where in southern ohio? im in pomeroy...amyone got details or pics of the gen II cup holder...is it a direct swap?

I am in Ironton. We are not far at all. It is a direct swap. The part is in Huntington.

clockspring

sounds like a clockspring on the radio problems + cruise control. you can always check under the drivers seat for a broken wire connector, sometimes this breaks causing problems, but most likely a clockspring. go to ebay for headlights. the gen 1 has many common problems that need to be fixed. Once repaired the car will run just fine. Still have my 01 from new, runs like new, but tons of cash needed to repair.
common problems - heating cooling DCCV cracked plastic cooling parts
rough idle - PCV and hoses, IAC valve
Oil - leaking gaskets
heating cooling - Hydraulic cooling fan/pump $$$$
all information to repair is on this site

Last edited:

You don't need a gen 2. Just a 2001 or 2002 gen 1. Picture the difference between the two and install shots.

Pic 1 is my old console on top with the new on under it.
Pic 2 is the armrest swap from the old to the new.
Pic 3 shows the it installed and the slight color difference. If you want a perfect color match, you can paint the console. Few months later, I did paint mine. That was a personal choice thou.

LS%20console%2001.jpg

LS%20console%2002.jpg

LS%20console%2003.jpg

You can't put a gen II center console in a gen I LS without losing the parking brake.

You can switch to the "newer" gen I cup holders.

Bottle, I sent you a pm with the asking price the salvage yard wants for the updated gen 1 cupholder. Just let me know if u want me to grab it and we can work out the details for payment. If not, any other Gen 1 owners need one? The donor car is basically trashed and the cupholder is one of the last good parts on it. However, it does have the back pieces(black) for the driver's and passenger front seats.

Members online

No members online now.
Back