KKM True-Rev Sport Induction Intake Kit????

Do a SEARCH at the top of the page should answer your questions, this is well covered.

And yes due buy it from Lskoncepts.

I have one on my '03. In the hotter months, my car is a dog driving around town because it's sucking up all the hot underhood air. I was going to fab a heat shield, but decided to use the MAF housing and filter from the KKM kit and make a true cold air kit that goes through that hole in the body under the stock air box with some 3.5" pipe. Still waiting on the parts to show up before I can finish it.

It was so nice having it on my '02, definately a good upgrade. When the car did warm up and after some driving it was alittle doggy, but just needed to be pedaled more. Also remedies for this like making a custom box to keep the air going in cooler.

if u make a custom box to keep all the hot air out it is good and you will see a difference in performance. I got rid of mine because it got really hot and my gas mileage dropped big time. Finally put a drop in k&n this much better for me. I'm getting 6 to 7 more mpg. Good luck!

The typhoon isnt a drop in, its a open filter kit. A drop in is what you have in the factory box.

Oh, so he just put the air filter in...and he got 6-7 mpg increase? I put a K&N filter in my airbox and hardly experienced a gain, maybe a tad better.

Yeah I know, before I got my Intake kit I had one and didnt notice anything at all. If you dont lube them they really arent that good, the oil to my understanding is what traps the particualtes and it is actually not good at filtering otherwise which is why it lets more air pass.

Yeah, they say to oil them up every 10k-15k miles. I would like to get the KKM kit, but I just dont have a ton of disposable income and I am not very good at fabricating and basically playing mechanic, so making my own heat shield might be a little beyond my ability. Haven't really researched it too much though...

i went with the Auto speed store intake...i ordered it friday night so hopefully it will be here soon.

Can anyone tell me how both intakes compare?

-06-13-2006-14-30-23.jpg

Its the same thing to the naked eye but, that is the K&N adapter kit so the adapter is not billet like the KKM, its welded ( yuk ) and the filter sucks. The one with the KKM has more surface space do to its center design.....

The center is made of more pleated material and dips back toward the inside of the filter.

I did not notice performance with mine, but I did get a notable fuel mileage increase. Think that I got more out of my tune since I have one, but you cant beat the price anyways.

Some one has to explain this increase of gas milage to me.

I didnt notice anything, I have even less now but my increase of power is great. I can feel alot more pull, but I see alot less MPG's.

Some one has to explain this increase of gas milage to me.

I didnt notice anything, I have even less now but my increase of power is great. I can feel alot more pull, but I see alot less MPG's.

Every tank of gas I hand calculate my mileage, something my brother burned into my head. If there are any changes in mileage I notice them. I went from a running commuting average of 23.5MPG to 24MPG after I installed the KKM induction kit. My commute is about %60hwy/%40city mix. I live in a hot climate.

I think that "your results may vary" falls into play here, but anytime you increase the volumetric efficiency of an engine (within its capacity) you will increase its efficiency/fuel economy.

Maybe you got a power loss because if the air is hotter it is less dense. Cold air has more oxygen in it than warm air. I would tend to think if you drive slower or more in the city then building some kind of air box (like mentioned above) would fix that for you.

i went with the Auto speed store intake...i ordered it friday night so hopefully it will be here soon.

Can anyone tell me how both intakes compare?

-06-13-2006-14-30-23.jpg
We purchase the aluminum intake tubes from ASMI. When we started discussing adding their air filter kits to the tubes we declined simply because the KKM unit was a better quality item. First, the KKM MAF adapter is a one piece unit and has a slight taper in the velocity stack. Secondly, the KKM filter has an open filter end to allow more air flow unlike the K&N filter as shown above. Yes, the KKM induction kit is about $20 more but we feel it is a better quality product for the money.

I got my KKM Intake installed yesterday i luv it that thing sounds tight.... i notice the difference right away i was pulling of from my garage once i hit the streets my Ls was so hungry for speed!!! "But one thing only my MPG was an average of 14 and after i drove for a while it drop down to 13.4 is that normal??? question for those who have one...???"

KKM1.jpg

KKM2.jpg

KKM3.jpg

KKM4.jpg

I got my KKM Intake installed yesterday i luv it that thing sounds tight.... i notice the difference right away i was pulling of from my garage once i hit the streets my Ls was so hungry for speed!!! "But one thing only my MPG was an average of 14 and after i drove for a while it drop down to 13.4 is that normal??? question for those who have one...???"

KKM1.jpg

KKM2.jpg

KKM3.jpg

KKM4.jpg
Foot in throtle = less gas milage.

I haven't even been driving my LS much. I'm letting my girlfriend get used to a bigger car so when she gets the caddy she can be used to something like that.

She light foots it and the thing is still just like he states and just like I did before. The mileage still sucks.

I haven't even been driving my LS much. I'm letting my girlfriend get used to a bigger car so when she gets the caddy she can be used to something like that.

She light foots it and the thing is still just like he states and just like I did before. The mileage still sucks.
Who knows how she drives when the cat's away.:) :) :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back