KKM True-Rev Sport Induction Intake Kit????

Never noticed a decrease when I got it or after getting the intake tube.

the ls has horrible gas mileage in the first place.. i guess they say.. "if he can afford a car like this.. then he can pay for 16mpg" i wish i didnt have to put in premium either.. thats a big hit on my wallet! i dont care... i love going up a hill and feeling that torque. worth the 250 a month in gas. ;)

When I had my 01 LS I got around 20-22 on the highway and around 18 in the city. I don't think you're gonna be getting 28-30 MPG in the LS even with the V6's.

I went on a long trip in my LS once averaged about 27 MPG but that was driving for a long time at around 65-70 with the cruise on. I never saw that number again even driving 50 miles round trip on the highway when I worked away from home.

Now that I work mostly from home now and I only fill up my car once every two weeks! Man, that has been great with gas prices out the roof!

So By putting this KKM Intake on a 2002 ls v8 my MPG's are going down? i'm getting 17 right now, will this make it go down to the 15 or whaa?
Point out that i'm a speed limit kinda guy. unless i'm in a hurry...
Let me know before i decide to buy this....

The issue in most cases is not what speed you drive, but how quickly you get to that speed. I recently switched my driving style, because I don't really feel the need to impress myself at every light, and noticed that when I go easy on her, I get 18-19mpg in town, where before I'd step on it to get up to speed a lot quicker I'd only average 15-16 mpg. I used to joke that the LS will pass anything but a gas station :D

Just buy it.

So By putting this KKM Intake on a 2002 ls v8 my MPG's are going down? i'm getting 17 right now, will this make it go down to the 15 or whaa?
Point out that i'm a speed limit kinda guy. unless i'm in a hurry...
Let me know before i decide to buy this....
Only if you like the sound of acceleration too much. Otherwise the KKM will not reduce mileqage.

If it is a performance item and you are a speed limit kind of guy then why consider it?

I know, cause we car people just must have it all regardless:D

I Been wanting to buy this for a wile now, but the gas thing is killing my pocket and i cant affor to get lower mileage. but i think im still going to buy it... hope it works fine..

I put this on My 03. On the HWY I've seen an average of 31 MPG. Before I noticed it stayed around 25 MPG. I highly Recommend it, The Sound is incredible.

Last edited:
I didnt see any change in mileage. I still get an avg of 17.5 city, and almost 24 on the freeway.
I also didnt seam to notice ant performance differences between the hot weather, and the winter weather...hmmm.

Just as an FYI, we now have the KKM induction kits in for the 2003-05 Lincoln LS V6.

The issue in most cases is not what speed you drive, but how quickly you get to that speed. I recently switched my driving style, because I don't really feel the need to impress myself at every light, and noticed that when I go easy on her, I get 18-19mpg in town, where before I'd step on it to get up to speed a lot quicker I'd only average 15-16 mpg. I used to joke that the LS will pass anything but a gas station :D

Just buy it.

Try driving a '77 F250 with 460/auto, 3.50 posi gear, Edelbrock 750 carb. That truck has one bad case of love stuck with every gas station that I drive by. She gets 10 mpg on flat road, uphill, downhill, AC on or off and towing anything. It's all the same. Yeah, I haven't driven her in about 2 months because of the gas prices.

So my 22-23 mpg average is nothing to complain about? I guess all those new parts, including oxygen sensors, did my V-8 good. After seeing 13 mpg, I am feeling lucky.

Members online

No members online now.
Back