led taillights

LS_Monk

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
For all you led people! These guys run for about $60 dollars canadian but if we can get enough of us in on it we can get these cheaper. The arms fold in and once inserted in to the lens they spring open. That means ZERO cutting. nothing to mod in. The are made in Canada. I have a guy at the local performance shop contacting this led company. But I would like to know how many are intreseted?

led1.jpg

led2.jpg

led3.jpg

Any other design other than the star? maybe two concentric circles? (smaller one inside bigger one)

Idea is tempting.. I love the LED brake lighting on the Cadi's CTS

I know the LEDs use less power than a traditional bulb. Would there be any problems with the car's computer thinking a light was out due to change in current draw or is this resolved in the wiring(of resistors) in the lights?

Great invention though!

n8

Yes the computer thinks that a bulb is out when you use LEDs. I tried putting LEDs for the brake lights and I had to install an extra 200 ohm resistor in parallel to make the computer think there was an actual bulb for the brake light.

The reason I did not keep them in the car is because they were not as bright as stock and the reason I wanted LEDs is to have brighter brake lights! The LEDs above may or may not be brighter than stock...

I would like to see how they look in the LS and if they are in fact brighter than stock I would be very interested

Check this link. They are called spiderlites.

I would like to see some before / after pictures as well before purchase.

It looks like they offer a load balancer for the bulbs. The load balancers are $20 a pair. You could have $70 in a set of these. Also, I don't know if there is enough room in the LS tail lights to do this mod.

Looks cool, any pics of these on an LS yet??? I've been looking for a mod back there that wouldn't require too much work or cash.

They come in 3 different sizes. They are also going to be 100 bucks a set. And I believe that ls would require 3 sets in the back. ( I can't look at mine because its in storage) but they look brighter. I am trying to get more info from the company before I order a set to try. I would like to have them side by side to compare.

their not brighter....it's a gimmick. Look at the picture...... how many trail blazers do you know with a YELLOW circle around where the brake light shines...
and dont tell me, "well thats because the led is yellow" LOL

The brake lights on the ls are three bulbs; one in the center glass and one in each tail light. There is a separate bulb in each tail light for blinkers.

The brake lights on the ls are three bulbs; one in the center glass and one in each tail light. There is a separate bulb in each tail light for blinkers.
'03 and up are a single bulb.
I really don't think these would look very good in the LS's non-circular housing.

macboy said:
'03 and up are a single bulb.
I really don't think these would look very good in the LS's non-circular housing.

Agreed. They do look sweet in a circular tail light but I dont think it would fit the LS well.

They would look horrible IMO. I still need to find a spare set of tails so I can make some LEDs.... ;)

find em online and i'll buy them for a reasonable price so u can get working on it.

i wonder how the CTS LED assembly differs from the LS taillights. If the assembly that fits inside the CTS taillight could be retrofitted into the LS w/ some modifications.. But I think that the taillight is just one big assembly and that you can't seperate it like you can the LS headlights w/ a good 'ol shake n' bake.

Ebay has 1 full set of 2 tone ones for the 00-02 but they want $289 + shipping, car-part.com has individual ones, but they want like $100 apiece for the outer ones.

Best bet I guess is to wait until someone has a spare set they want to use as a donor. ;)

what do u guys thing? since I have the tinted tails now I can put these on.. the housings wont necessarily show.. u will just see the circle rings right?

Members online

No members online now.
Back