Lexus Lawsuit against Lincoln

I know all about what you said Gipp. And I was talking about the similarity in the t150 and f150 nameplates. I forgot all about the t150, no need to believe wickepedia on that one since I know both of those veichles exist. But Gipp I was looking for actual proof. Which none has been provided.

The T150 nameplate only existed on a pre-production truck, not a regular production truck and it was the same with the Lincoln as there was a pre-production car loaned to the press to test that was badged LS8.

The fact that Toyota changed the name of the T150 to Tundra and at nearly the exact same time Lincoln dropped the numerical suffix from the LS nameplate is just too coincidental to be dismissed as an unrelated incident.

If this had happened last week and not a decade ago, I'm sure we could come up with a better source than Wikepedia. I have found similar worded statements about the Tundra name change and the LS name change in many different places all over the internet. The circumstantial evidence is pretty convincing.

If you don’t believe the Toyota had threatened a lawsuit or at the very least complained to Ford, what other explanation can you give?

For some of us who remember it mentioned by the media at the time there is no doubt that that was the reason for the nameplate change(s).

Wow, some of you guys especially re-pete are to damn funny. You complain about the LS in so many ways and when you do get a great luxury company that does well and takes care of its consumers you b*tch some more about it!

Theres nothing wrong with Lexus, its not a myth and the Lexus LS line has been out way before the Lincoln LS.

The resale value is also so high cause people have been know to drive them up to 300K+ highway and still look mint!

Cause who tries to show off a Lexus? As I kno...the more you mistreat a car and the more you drive it into the ground by racing it...the more abuse it takes....

...but I can never see myself driving a Lexus unless I got kids i'm having to take to soccer practice :p

Just a quick aside that I found amusing, there used to be a diner by me called the Lexus diner that now is called the Alexis diner due to pending Luxus lawsuits. For a diner.

I have to laugh cause Lexus is just toyota with a different badge and leather trim...that's about it....

at least other brands like Ford, Lincoln, Mercury actually change a large amount of features......such as the Fusion, Milan, and MKZ

The reason why Lexus will NEVER win any suit for the "LS" badging issue is this:

"LS" simply means "Luxury Sedan", and it being such a BASIC acronym, it's considered a very broad meaning. It'd be different if Lincoln sold a car named the "LS 400", since the number would denote a likeness. But lets get real, whenever you hear "LS" you think Lincoln, and whenever you hear "LS 1234", you KNOW it's Lexus, so the determination is clear.

Bottom line? Lexus sucks so much that if they were REALLY concerned about people getting confused, they'd actually come out with a really GOOD car that would immediately make people think of Lexus every time they heard "LS", instead of Lincoln.

Lol, Toyota merely THREATNED a lawsuit, there was never one filed therefore you will not find any written "proof". Lincoln changed the name from LS6 to LS V6 under the condition toyota changed the T150 to Tundra.. Saving both maufaturers from a lawsuit and thus being swept under the rug.

The name is supposed to be evocative but has no grand meaning. Pontiac chose it because it likes the letter G — GTO, GTP, Grand Prix, Grand This, Grand That, Grand The Other. And 6, besides suggesting a mid-range car (on a scale of 10, anyway) is a number that legally could be used with G without inviting a lawsuit from owners of other G-series alphanumeric nomenclature.

For instance, Lexus uses letters to indicate relative size and numbers to denote the engine size in liters. Think of the ES 330 as the "executive sedan" with a 3.3-liter engine and the LS 430 as the "luxury sedan" with a 4.3-liter. The carmaker borrowed from gran turismo (the original long-distance auto races, not the video games) to come up with its gran sedan (GS).An international sedan (IS)-not coincidentally, a big seller in Europe-and a sport coupe (SC) complete the passenger car lineup. The SUVs follow a similar pattern. The RX signals a "recreational crossover" and LX, "luxury crossover."

BMW and Mercedes have used similar grammar for years. For BMW, the first digit represents the class-3, 5, 6 or 7 Series, in increasing order of size. The German carmaker reserves odd-numbered series for sedans and even-numbered ones for coupes. The last two digits indicate the engine size in deciliters-or, at least, they usually do. In just one example of understatement, the BMW 325i has a 3-liter engine, not a 2.5-liter as its designation would imply. Letters at the end denote other specifics-i for injection (a vestige of the era when you needed to distinguish between carburetors and new-fangled fuel injectors), x for all-wheel drive, C for coupe, L for long wheelbase, to name a few.

For another thing, carmakers encounter fewer trademark infringement problems with letters and numbers than they do with names. That didn't stop Nissan's upscale Infiniti brand from filing a lawsuit against Audi over use of the letter Q to designate a line of SUVs recently. But on the whole BMW doesn't care that Mazda also has models known as 3 and 5.

I hope that helps to answer your questions...

LOL! come on! This took me alot of time to prove all your examples to be wrong (EI: G6, Lexus E vs Mercedes E, and anything or everything else you want proof for) but I CAN NOT provide you with written "proof" of something that never "techincally" happened *wink wink*.

Members online

No members online now.
Back