Lincoln Died last nite :(

free139stylz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well guys the stealership just told me it will be like 4,000 to fix my car and since it has 130,000 miles on it I dont think it would be a good idea to fix it but the dealership has this lincoln for sale you think I could get a better deal somewhere else? $20,000

ls1.jpg

ls2.jpg

ls.jpg

i dont think 130000 miles is alot on a car like that but 20000 for an ls is ok if its above 2002 and is a LSE

free139stylz said:
Well guys the stealership just told me it will be like 4,000 to fix my car and since it has 130,000 miles on it I dont think it would be a good idea to fix it but the dealership has this lincoln for sale you think I could get a better deal somewhere else? $20,000

Hows about some details on the car.

if the car is clean, then thats a good deal!

i was looking at an 03 with 55k, no nav, and it had some rough edges. the salesmans didn't want to go lower than 22.5k.

free139stylz said:
Its a 2003 with 55,000 on it

V6, V8? Options? Come on! I can tell you I paid 27k for my 2004 V8 Ultimate. Only options missing were Nav system and rear heated seats. Had 19k on the odometer.

you never told us what was wrong with your car, and what 4000 would get you.

got my 04 at the auction with 3800 miles V8 Silver, mint condition. $17K

Added tint, lowered 2", Xcal2 running 94 octane, CAI pulling air from below front bumper, Magnaflow mufflers with tips.

The car is awesome now. It can not only chirp 3rd gear in SST mode, but brings the back end out a little.

I had purchased my 2003 LS Premium Sport V8 for 21000 in may this year with 11000 miles on it. It has all options but NAV.. I would search around im sure you can get it for a hole lot cheaper.. It seems to me that the stealership your dealing with knows the position you are in and they are trying to cash in on it....

FWIW, our local Lincoln shop has an '03 V8 with 40K on the clock for $22,988; an '04 V8 with just under 14K on the clock for $23,995; and an '05 V8 with under 18K on the clock for just under $26K. They have others, but those are fairly representative.

damm, after seeing the prices that some of you paid for you 03,04 cars used, i feel like I got ripped

in june i paid 19.5k for my 02V8 with 31k on it (they were asking 23.5k). I did shop around, and the dealships wanted 27-30k for 03+ cars with less than 30k on them.

oh well, thats water under the bridge

It depends on the market, but when I sold my 02 V8 Sport last month here in Chicago with 40K miles, I had a VERY hard time getting rid of it for $14.5K.

LikeNew02 said:
damm, after seeing the prices that some of you paid for you 03,04 cars used, i feel like I got ripped

in june i paid 19.5k for my 02V8 with 31k on it (they were asking 23.5k). I did shop around, and the dealships wanted 27-30k for 03+ cars with less than 30k on them.

oh well, thats water under the bridge

Dont worry, I had the same prob. I shoped around and all pre-03 LS's were over 20k, so I had to settle for a v6 for 15k. The california market always has been more expensive, why is it that average rent here is $1200 for a pos 1 bed apartment when other states have houses with up to 4bed for less than $600. And the thing I hate about CA is that they make it impossible to try to import a car from another state. They end up charging you so many fee's that in the end it isnt worth it.

free139stylz said:
Nahhhh i hate mustangs!!

Have you driven a new one? They are amazing cars. Totally different than an LS, but they are very tight, handle incredibly well, a lot more performance (GT) and have to be driven to be believed.

K what i needed for my car was a steering rack they said it would be 1700 and a new sun roof which is 1300 also right front ball joint and a new pump for the steering rack they said it would be around 3,500 but Im gettin my insurance to pay for the steering rack ball joint and pump :)!!! so im gonna get my car fixed sell it for 10,000 and then buy this jaguar they have its a x-type 2004 v6 does anyone know how fast these cars are? its only 22,000 and has 20,000 miles on it I think its a way better deal then the ls which is 20,000 and has 55k miles on but its a v8, but i dont care I could save some gas anyway

How fast is the 04 xtype v6 jaguar?

free139stylz said:
K what i needed for my car was a steering rack they said it would be 1700 and a new sun roof which is 1300 also right front ball joint and a new pump for the steering rack they said it would be around 3,500 but Im gettin my insurance to pay for the steering rack ball joint and pump :)!!! so im gonna get my car fixed sell it for 10,000 and then buy this jaguar they have its a x-type 2004 v6 does anyone know how fast these cars are? its only 22,000 and has 20,000 miles on it I think its a way better deal then the ls which is 20,000 and has 55k miles on but its a v8, but i dont care I could save some gas anyway

There are two versions of the X-Type, a 2.5 and 3.0. The 2.5 has 192 hp and goes 0-60 7.9 sec., the 3.0 has the same 3.0 V6 thats in the LS except it has a different tune and actually produces less hp, 227 vs. 232. Its goes 0-60 in 7.2 sec. Its not going to be impressive but should be more than adequate. And if i am correct the x-type is the entry level Jag and is gonna be smaller than the LS. The LS would be a much better buy with a V8.

So how are you getting your insurance to pay for a mechanical problem ?

Well i dont know if anyone remebers but i posted a thread about a porshe hitting me during the summer time well i reported that to my insurance but we had no problems with the car and then these problems came out of no where and the dealer ship said it look like it was from an accident so the insurance company hooked me up :) but my car still makes that beeping noise
beep beep beep beep like 4 sets of that evertime I start my car!!!

free139stylz said:

Not very. The car has the added weight of AWD, and it's a Jag. Want a fast Jag? I have one model, S-Type R.

Yea im still gonna sell the LS!!! as soon as its fixed! I want a brand new LS with navigation or an X-type jag

Members online

Back