Lincoln ls hood

biggie03

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I need more advice and opinions. What does anybody know about the Fiberglass hoods for the ls? Look/installation/problems? I need a hood and I can't find a metal one anywhere...
Thanks,
Brian

i was under the impression that the hood and fenders and trunk lid are all alluminum, no other choices.

Its hard to make a hood unless you have one in good condition to use as a template or something. I also don't like the idea of fiberglass hoods personally. Unless its serving a purpose on a drag car or something.

Well my stock hood is no longer useable, it's bent up pretty good. I haven't really been able to find another metal one (except for the $1145 one at the dealership) but I have no trouble findng the fiberglass replacements. I've been told they never look right though. Has any one seen one on an ls?

Link? I never heard of these.

You could search ebay and junk yards. even here as lots of LSes get parted out in the for sale section.

maybe they are confused, the underside of the hood is kind of a fiberglass part. but the top part is aluminum.

yep - it's all aluminum - top skin, under-skin and the and the bottom bracing layer.

I always heard that the V8's were all aluminum and the V6's were all steel or something else. The reasoning that I heard was to keep the 50/50 weight distrubution. Had to use aluminum because of the extra pounds of the V8 and a heavy metal for the ligher V6.
Do know, maybe a wise tail.

I always heard that the V8's were all aluminum and the V6's were all steel or something else. The reasoning that I heard was to keep the 50/50 weight distrubution. Had to use aluminum because of the extra pounds of the V8 and a heavy metal for the ligher V6.
Do know, maybe a wise tail.

You mean wives tale?

In any case, ALL LS hoods are aluminum.

nope - all LSes - aluminum hood, trunk lid, front fenders.

Then there is the various suspension components, engine, ...etc

Members online

Back