Lincoln LS recalls

Gipp

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I didnt bother to search to see if someone has previously posted this information, but I meantioned a ball joint recall for the 2000 model LS and I figured I post the other recalls I have found as well. AS FOR THE RECALL I mentioned in a different thread I said it was good for LS's between 00-02. I WAS WRONG. If your lincoln was manufactured between 8/98-09/00 then it falls under the ball joint recall. Check the manufature date.

#Safety Recalls

NHTSA Safety Recalls:
Important: The following recalls were issued for the 2005 LINCOLN LS by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA). To find out if a specific 2005 LINCOLN LS still has open recalls that require repair, CARFAX recommends contacting an authorized dealership for more information.

Recall date: 04-04-2005
Units potentially affected: 56
NHTSA campaign number: 05V113000
Defective part or component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE
Description: On certain passenger vehicles, the fuel tank may have a localized thin wall section in the lower half of the tank. The fuel tank may crack, creating a potential for a fuel leak and fuel odor. The ""service engine soon"" indicator may illuminate. Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel tank free of charge. The recall began on April 4, 2005. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673, Lincoln at 1-800-521-4140.

This 2005 LINCOLN LS safety recall information was provided by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, Highway Data Loss Institute and is derived from the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration list of safety recalls. Please call the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236) to report safety defects or to obtain information on cars, trucks, child seats, and highway or traffic safety. CARFAX does not review, validate or edit the information and statements provided by the National Highway Traffic and Saftey Administration, which do not represent the opinion of CARFAX.

RECALL: 2004 Lincoln LS
NHTSA Campaign Number: 05V113000 www.nhtsa.dot.gov
Manufacturer FORD MOTOR CO.
Recall Date: 03/18/2005
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 56
Description FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE
Summary ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE FUEL TANK MAY HAVE A LOCALIZED THIN WALL SECTION IN THE LOWER HALF OF THE TANK. THE FUEL TANK MAY CRACK CREATING A POTENTIAL FOR A FUEL LEAK AND FUEL ODOR. THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" INDICATOR MAY ILLUMINATE.
Consequence A FUEL LEAK IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.
Remedy DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL TANK. THE RECALL BEGAN ON APRIL 4, 2005. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT FORD AT 1-800-392-3673, LINCOLN AT 1-800-521-4140.

RECALL: 2003 Lincoln LS
NHTSA Campaign Number: 03V136000 www.nhtsa.dot.gov
Manufacturer FORD MOTOR CO.
Recall Date: 04/07/2003
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 1736
Description WHEELS
Summary ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 17 INCH CHROME WHEELS, THE CHROME WHEELS WERE NOT HEAT-TREATED. THESE WHEELS MAY CRACK AT THE LUG-NUT HOLES, WHICH COULD RESULT IN THE LOSS OF THE LUG-NUT TORQUE.
Consequence IF THIS CONDITION OCCURS, THE DRIVER MAY EXPERIENCE NOISE AND/OR VIBRATION WHILE DRIVING THE VEHICLE. CONTINUED OPERATION OF THE VEHICLE COULD RESULT IN THE WHEEL SEPARATING FROM THE HUB, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE WHEELS TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL THE WHEELS HAVE BEEN HEAT-TREATED. ANY WHEEL THAT HAS NOT BEEN HEAT-TREATED WILL BE REPLACED. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN APRIL 14, 2003. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT LINCOLN AT 1-800-521-4140.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 00V359001 Vehicle/Equipment Make: LINCOLN Vehicle/Eqipment Model: LS Model Year: 2000 Mfg Campaign Number: 00S39 Mfg Component Desc: SUSPENSION : FRONT : CONTROL ARM : LOWER BALL JOINT Mfg Involved in Recall: FORD MOTOR COMPANY Manufacture Dates: 08-18-98 through 09-29-00 Type of Report: (V) Vehicle Potential # of Units Affected: 82,300 Date Owner Notified by Mfg: 11-24-00 Recall Initiated By: MFR Mfg Responsible for Recall: FORD MOTOR COMPANY Report Recieved Date: 11-03-00 Record Creation Date: 11-03-00 Regulation Part Number: FMVSS Number: Defect Summary: VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. THE FRONT SUSPENSION LOWER BALL JOINTS WERE NOT TIGHTENED TO SPECIFICATIONS WHEN THEY WERE ATTACHED TO THE LOWER CONTROL ARMS. Consequence Summary: IF THE BALL JOINT ATTACHING NUTS ARE NOT ADEQUATELY TIGHTENED, THEY CAN LOOSEN AND, ULTIMATELY, RESULT IN FRACTURE OF THE BALL JOINT STUD. IF THE BALL JOINT FRACTURES, CONTROL OF THE VEHICLE COULD BE AFFECTED, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH. Corrective Summary: DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE TORQUE ON THE TWO BALL JOINT ATTACHING NUTS. VEHICLES WITH LOOSE BALL JOINT ATTACHING NUTS WILL EITHER HAVE THE FASTENERS TIGHTENED TO SPECIFICATION, OR IF NECESSARY, THE BALL JOINTS WILL BE REPLACED.

that's fucced up on the '03 wheels recall...the dealers better send the wheels out to get an x-ray to see if it's heat treated right because if not the only way to tell is grind the wheels down and fill it with welds after inspection and that's fuggly

Thank god I have a 2000 Lincoln LS..my recalls got taken care of with the last owner cause the recall badge is under the hood :p

lol lincoln made some pretty serious manufaturing mistakes from 03-06

What recalls?

Here you go:

Consumer Guide's® Auto Editors have scoured repair bulletins and questioned mechanics to search for commonly occurring problems for a particular vehicle. In some cases we also give possible manufacturer-suggested solutions. In many instances these trouble spots are Technical Service Bulletins posted by the manufacturer, however, we have our own expert looking at additional vehicle problems.

Engine misfire: Poor engine performance or a no-start condition may be the result of a loose fuel-hose clamp causing an internal leak. (2000)

Steering problems: Replacement steering wheels (on cars shipped with the wrong wheel) may have been installed without sufficiently tightening the locking nut. (2000)

Vehicle noise: A droning noise at highway speeds while in 5th gear was being corrected by replacing the halfshafts. (2000)

Windows: The rear-window regulator cable may break, making it impossible to open or close the window. (2000-01)

Here you go Gen II's:

Consumer Guide's® Auto Editors have scoured repair bulletins and questioned mechanics to search for commonly occurring problems for a particular vehicle. In some cases we also give possible manufacturer-suggested solutions. In many instances these trouble spots are Technical Service Bulletins posted by the manufacturer, however, we have our own expert looking at additional vehicle problems.

Brake lights: Water can get into the backup lights through the license plate housing which must then be replaced. (2003-04)

Check-engine light: The check engine light and the wrench icon may light up because of a failure of the throttle position sensor. (2003-04)

Interior trim: The headliner may droop in the rear because the Velcro fastener comes off. (2003-04)

Seat: The climate controlled seats may stop working because the seat cushion crushes or the ducts may come loose. (2003-04)

ya I know....but they are still problems that need or will need attention. I did have the ball joint recall taken care of :p

Dude, there is a huge difference between a TSB and a recall. Totally not anywhere near the same general idea. Dont get people confused by typing up some crap like that.

I figured thats what you were going to pull so I had to ask.

The list of actual TSB's is way longer than that.

Most cars by most makers will have a long list of TSBs that apply to them. They're just notes on how to resolve some issues that have been seen here and there. They're kind of like supplements to the factory service manual.

Recalls are for safety or other serious issues that need to be resolved, even if the owner isn't experiencing problems yet. The number of these for the LS's compares reasonably to other cars.

Your just kidding right?

I have not seen a car with this many TSB's. I have been experiencing a funny sound from around the bottom of the motor. I looked it up for a TSB and I think I saw about 6 TSB's that could be related to my problem. That is just ONE isolated noise!

I also feel that some of the problems with the LS especially the first gen should have been recalled regardless of safety seeing how just about every vehicle has been prone to the same exact problems at roughly the same amount of miles.

Ford is also known to let things go till it kills people tho.
Not that I see any of the common problems with the LS being that dangerous at all.

Most cars by most makers will have a long list of TSBs that apply to them. They're just notes on how to resolve some issues that have been seen here and there. They're kind of like supplements to the factory service manual.

Recalls are for safety or other serious issues that need to be resolved, even if the owner isn't experiencing problems yet. The number of these for the LS's compares reasonably to other cars.

you mean like the recall on ford F150s where they had flames coming out of the exhaust? haha that was funny :q:q:q:q to see

YouTube - The reason behind Ford's 2008 Super Duty Truck recall

Idk If I comepletely believe that about the F-series trucks. Yes, ok, lets say that they are shooting flames out of the tailpipe, but that truck is shooting them 3+ feet. He has a kit in his exhaust, you purchase them off autoloc.com and you too can shoot out 4-6 foot flames (same kits used in 2fast 2furious) .

Members online

No members online now.
Back