Lincoln LS starts missing when warm and under load ??

Z03LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought this Lincoln LS a while ago that was in limp mode and a bunch of misfires. so first thing I did is put new coils, I bought them from Ebay for 70 bucks. car didn't change at all. I checked compression and I had cylnder 7 With zero compression. even when the car was running it was pushing 40PSI. SO I went ahead and bought a motor for it, replaced the motor. The misfire stayed and didn't change a bit, so I bought a computer, had it programmed by the dealer, installed it and the car started right away! ran prefect but when the car gets warm and under load I was getting P0357 Which is ignintion coil G primary/Secondary Circut. It runs perfect when cold, Its so weird! by the way, I also got a trasmission error so I changed the solenoid pack with a new one from the dealer, transmission is great now! but any idea on the misfire ?

Seems like a coil issue. Does the "new" motor have the original coils? Coils on their way out tend to be more obvious when under load and when hot.

I took off the original coils of the new motor and put eBay coils on it, I think that's my mistake, the motor got only 40 k on it

I took off the original coils of the new motor and put eBay coils on it, I think that's my mistake, the motor got only 40 k on it

The LS doesn't like aftermarket too much. Quite positive that if you switch to Motorcraft coils your problem will be gone. They will run you $50-$65 a piece but they work. Contact Atrom, I purchased a whole set of coils and plugs brand new from him for $330.

The LS doesn't like aftermarket too much. Quite positive that if you switch to Motorcraft coils your problem will be gone. They will run you $50-$65 a piece but they work. Contact Atrom, I purchased a whole set of coils and plugs brand new from him for $330.

You must change the spark plugs when you do this (even if they only have a thousand miles on them) and verify that they have the correct gap.
Is this a V6 by any chance?

The spark plugs have less than 20 miles on them njk double platinum, I think I did regap them. It's a v8

Is that the cheapest that would work on it ??

The spark plugs have less than 20 miles on them njk double platinum, I think I did regap them. It's a v8

Bad coils damage spark plugs. Damaged plugs kill new coils. Do you want to risk each $50+ coil for each $7 plug?

Members online

No members online now.
Back