lincoln ls v8 vs acura cl type s

since you guys are neck and neck from 50 all the way up tells me that your losing due to gearing. better gears in 03+ + the vvt and extra power and I think the 03+ beats the cls.

ohioLS said:
I live near Dayton Ohio and I have a Gen1 LS8 that is tuned out to just about Gen2 specs so where exactly are you from slvrls?

-Scott-

About 50 miles south of Cincinnati on the river. Not a gen 2, but sounds like fun anyway. At least this way we wont have to listen to the bench racing anymore eh?:D

How do your number compare to a gen2? How much did you pick up with the Xcal?

beaups said:
since you guys are neck and neck from 50 all the way up tells me that your losing due to gearing. better gears in 03+ + the vvt and extra power and I think the 03+ beats the cls.

yeah, my guess is the 03 and up will beat the CL-S. I fully disagree with a stock gen 1 LS beating a CL-S with all things being equal.

slvrls said:
yeah, my guess is the 03 and up will beat the CL-S. I fully disagree with a stock gen 1 LS beating a CL-S with all things being equal.
Ditto. But a gen 1 LS with exhaust, intake, and the XCal will dust any stock CL-S. ;0)

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
Ditto. But a gen 1 LS with exhaust, intake, and the XCal will dust any stock CL-S. ;0)

agreed....... but it will be fun anyway

Why did someone here bump a 5 year old thread? They really didn't bash it at all.

heres my 2 cents i recently got my 88 Mark VII rear ended at a red light by a Acura TL .. can u say was a nice car the owner of that car was rear ended by a Honda Pilot and then pushed into me. The back of that car looked like a full size SUV hit it. I read that thread about build quality. and laughed if the back door wrinkles up and popped open immediatly when struck what does that say about Acura's not only build quality but safety wise. I have the pics on my cell been to lazy to post them but i will. And the nose of the car pushed my bumper up and wripped down my passenger rear exhaust again build quality sucks on an Acura thats why there are so many in the shops and in junk yards because they fall apart so easily. Ill post pics of what it did to the back on my lincoln soon.

Yea I agree w/ on build quality. My dad gets tons of Acura's, Bimmers and Lexus' in at his shop and he says the Acura's are nice but damn do they get crushed if hit. But again, maybe they are suppose to fold up like a can(absurb the force) and be written off after.

if there is any Acura CL's around iowa i would like to put my 02 LS8 stock against it... there is a track near by me or the street eather way..

StincolnLincoln said:
heres my 2 cents i recently got my 88 Mark VII rear ended at a red light by a Acura TL .. can u say was a nice car the owner of that car was rear ended by a Honda Pilot and then pushed into me. The back of that car looked like a full size SUV hit it. I read that thread about build quality. and laughed if the back door wrinkles up and popped open immediatly when struck what does that say about Acura's not only build quality but safety wise. I have the pics on my cell been to lazy to post them but i will. And the nose of the car pushed my bumper up and wripped down my passenger rear exhaust again build quality sucks on an Acura thats why there are so many in the shops and in junk yards because they fall apart so easily. Ill post pics of what it did to the back on my lincoln soon.

WOW............ build quality Ford Vs Honda, Hmmmmmmm... You cant be serious. Are you? The TL absorbed the impact of a FULL SIZE SUV and didnt transfer ALL that energy to your car. Thats impressive design, and engineering if you ask me.

Just because i own an LS doesnt automatically make it the best car in the world. There are plenty of better cars I'd like to have. I like the LS for what it is, but lets not put it on a pedestal.

I do agree with the LS being a stout car, I ran off the road and hit a Hillside. It stayed togather pretty well considering the speed i was going. That doesnt mean the build quality is better though. The force trasmitted from the impact destroyed all the interior peices of the car(Parts blew out of the dash, center console blew out etc.etc.etc...).

slvrls said:
WOW............ build quality Ford Vs Honda, Hmmmmmmm... You cant be serious. Are you? The TL absorbed the impact of a FULL SIZE SUV and didnt transfer ALL that energy to your car. Thats impressive design, and engineering if you ask me.

Just because i own an LS doesnt automatically make it the best car in the world. There are plenty of better cars I'd like to have. I like the LS for what it is, but lets not put it on a pedestal.

I do agree with the LS being a stout car, I ran off the road and hit a Hillside. It stayed togather pretty well considering the speed i was going. That doesnt mean the build quality is better though. The force trasmitted from the impact destroyed all the interior peices of the car(Parts blew out of the dash, center console blew out etc.etc.etc...).

The Acura was sitting behind me at the red light and yes it took 1 hell of a hit and was pushed into me all u saw was the skid marks from it being rammed into me. Like i said the nose of the Acura went under me i never said it recovered lol. The nose actually was on the ground as well as the hood and when i looked inside the acura the dash hasd fallen into the passenger seat. Plus the acura owner had a small child in the back seat that was in a seat restraint that still would have allowed her to be ejected from a car that buckeled and then popped open the back doors. also the back seats where shifted forward as to the little child in the back seat was fine but shaken up pretty badly. Now if u want to see a tank of a vehicle That Honda Pilot only had the License plate holder and plate bent no dents at all not even a buckle of the hood. i have pics on my cell of that as well and again me being lazy lol. will get to it.

Any car that gets hit from the rear and the doors automatically pop open leaves concern to me. Oh and i see that u said full size suv i think u misread what i was saying. A honda pilot is a small vehicle no bigger than my mark. i said it looked like it took a hit from a full size suv. But acura are good looking cars. But as always since i could remember i have always been a Ford, Lincoln, Mercury fella lol...

Bushum said:
You do realize that post is FIVE YEARS OLD don't you?

yea i did know that i just did a google search and found it and i thought it will be a good subject for all, as we can see with the post's that we have here its been a success.

stincolnlincoln your right yesterday i was with my best friend they guy im one day going to race his CL -S we was going to the movies to check out MI3 and we was in his CL and we was at the light and a car that was parked behind us for some reason didnt see us and hit the CL in the the back right side corner bumber and it coused about 2000 worth in damages - the car was just pulling out the parking space i know if it was my LS it would of coused some damages but not 2000 worth as a matter of fact i have been hit a coulple of times at stop lights in the winter when cars have slid in the ice and rear ended me and my car looks fine just some minor scratches.

so much focus on the 0-60 times you know what guys i dont think anyone has mentioned that our cars real strength is its ability to take turns really really fast!!! we do of course have a formula 1 inspired suspension :D

joshluvsla said:
so much focus on the 0-60 times you know what guys i dont think anyone has mentioned that our cars real strength is its ability to take turns really really fast!!! we do of course have a formula 1 inspired suspension :D

hmmm your right i always forget about the LS's superb handling but the thing is that most peaple dont race in curvy roads so until that happens 0-60 is the only way to compare speed and power in cars.

chocolat1701 said:
hmmm your right i always forget about the LS's superb handling but the thing is that most peaple dont race in curvy roads so until that happens 0-60 is the only way to compare speed and power in cars.

Who cares about 0-60? All I care about is 1/4 mile times. That is just my opinion of course. :D

Bah! I'll put my 7000# pounds of navigator up against the Cl-s anyday. They wouldn't stand a chance:D

i've been following this tread since it started, no matter how much I love my 2003 LS, our cars are not fast at all, our cars are a luxury sedan, they do handle better than most sedans which I am very impressed since the day I got it, the car just loves to eat those turns.
But when it comes to 0-60 or 1/4 mile time, they are slow, that's also due to it weight, if the car was 500LBS lighter we would see 1/4 mile times of mid 14's
that would be much better.
There are out there stock 4 bangers that can outperforme our LS' head down
of course they don't have the luxury that we have, that's why we love our cars so much.
I have a 1996 Eagle Talon AWD Turbo, I took it to the track in stock form and did 15.1s 1/4 mile, added $4700 in mods, and now I have a 12.8s 1/4 mile car.
Driving a 12s car is fast and fun, your basically glued to the seat and can't move.
I still love my LS, and I love driving it more than the Talon, so confortable, so smoth, if I have the need for speed I always know where to go.

Uncle Vinnie said:
i've been following this tread since it started, no matter how much I love my 2003 LS, our cars are not fast at all, our cars are a luxury sedan, they do handle better than most sedans which I am very impressed since the day I got it, the car just loves to eat those turns.
But when it comes to 0-60 or 1/4 mile time, they are slow, that's also due to it weight, if the car was 500LBS lighter we would see 1/4 mile times of mid 14's
that would be much better.

I don't know about you Vinnie but my 05 LS is turning low, low 14's in its current form. I would say that would meet your expectations posted above.

There are out there stock 4 bangers that can outperforme our LS' head down
of course they don't have the luxury that we have, that's why we love our cars so much.
I have a 1996 Eagle Talon AWD Turbo, I took it to the track in stock form and did 15.1s 1/4 mile, added $4700 in mods, and now I have a 12.8s 1/4 mile car.

I really don't mean to rag on ya here, but just as a comparison, my LS will be going 12.9's in the 1/4 here soon with less than $1,000 in mods. :D I am not trying to one up ya or anything of the sort, I just am trying to give you a clearer understanding of what these cars are capable of in the right hands.

Driving a 12s car is fast and fun, your basically glued to the seat and can't move.
I still love my LS, and I love driving it more than the Talon, so confortable, so smoth, if I have the need for speed I always know where to go.

Read above.

vinnie your first post says you have 04 ls. do you have 03 or 04? also, v6 or v8? only running 12.8's with 5K in your talon? what did you do? I had talon fwd that got me an 11.82 once (average was mid 12's) with far less $$$ into mods. IIRC I did turbo upgrade (16G ported), fuel injectors, pump, intercooler upgrade (the scirocco trick), crushed blowoff, exhaust, ported and polished heads and a couple other things. Can't remember as it's been several years but I think I had less than $3K in it.

hey rocket how are you going to get to 12's w/less than $2K in mods? Not challenging you but want to know! NO2?

beaups said:
hey rocket how are you going to get to 12's w/less than $2K in mods? Not challenging you but want to know! NO2?

Xcal2 $200.....I got hookups...;)
CAI...made by me but parts cost about $40
100 shot wet nitrous self made kit w/ purge.....$310
NX progressive nitrous controller...$210
Me doing all my own wrenching......well thats saves A LOT of money there!

With the right track conditions and as long as I don't botch the launch the car should be good for just hitting 12.9's.

Members online

No members online now.
Back