lincoln

lol I know I CANT TYPE but he typed "but it now two ir three times lol

Know you see it says he bought it with a salvage title and now he wrecked it again.....SOUNDS LIKE some TUNA TO ME......

Its not worth it. With a salvage title, its worth half of its normal value. Since the miles are so low, its normal value MIGHT be $14k. Let's call it $15k for sake of argument. Half of that is $7500.

The guy says he's had quotes of up to $5k to fix it. AND, since he's saying things like "you could just sew up the leather," I wouldn't count on those quotes being from high-quality shops. So... do you think you could buy it, transport it, and get it fixed up at a REAL shop, airbag and all, for $7500. I'd say its highly unlikely.

And, mind you, even BEFORE this guy bought it and fixed it, an insurance company already declared it a total loss once before (hence the salvage title). Now its been wrecked AGAIN! Insurance companies aren't in business to lose money. If they found it too expensive to repair the first time around, odds are pretty good it wasn't repaired correctly that FIRST time.

Anyway, I'm certainly not an expert, but that's my take on it.

Qbrozen said:
The guy says he's had quotes of up to $5k to fix it. AND.

Bullsh-it Almost every body panel has to be replaced and the whole car painted -thats 10k of repair easy.

Joeychgo said:
Bullsh-it Almost every body panel has to be replaced and the whole car painted -thats 10k of repair easy.
That's the truth I put mine under the back of a f-150 three months after I bought it(about two years ago) didn't set air bags off but it was 5grand just for the paint all together it was 8,500 worth of damage its all good now full coverage took care of that and I've put 25,000 miles since that accident and no problems,nock on wood:Beer

Hey...$1200 gets it! The car is worthless. But if you needed an engine, tranny, rear end, etc, it's probably a steal if you don't spend a ton in shipping.

00' CLutch job.

i just wanted to warn the few of you on this site that have the 5 speed transmission, a new clutch and flywheel for my 2000 ls cost me over 1300.00!! ford only made 450 of the Ls MT V6, so if you have one be warned. it took the parts guys at a huge ford dealer 3 days just to find the parts.

flywheel was-530.77. master cylinder/throw out bearign(all one peice)-196.00. pressure plate-125.00 and disc-96.00 labor 400.00.

oh and a fun note that model/year LS is a jaguar with a lincoln ls body!!! ford guy said he had never seen one with a MT. any ?s email me at lewi_71@yahoo.com:cool:

Lewallen said:
i just wanted to warn the few of you on this site that have the 5 speed transmission, a new clutch and flywheel for my 2000 ls cost me over 1300.00!! ford only made 450 of the Ls MT V6, so if you have one be warned. it took the parts guys at a huge ford dealer 3 days just to find the parts.

flywheel was-530.77. master cylinder/throw out bearign(all one peice)-196.00. pressure plate-125.00 and disc-96.00 labor 400.00.

oh and a fun note that model/year LS is a jaguar with a lincoln ls body!!! ford guy said he had never seen one with a MT. any ?s email me at lewi_71@yahoo.com:cool:

Tha actual number of manuals is closer to 1500.

Haha, i hope the girl wasnt infront of the car when that happened!

ford big wig said 450

LS4me said:
Tha actual number of manuals is closer to 1500.

talked to the parts manager at the detroit parts warehouse he is the one who told me 450. but if its 1500 all the more parts!

Members online

No members online now.
Back